Because I'm worth it

By Anonymous - 30/03/2009 13:34 - United States

Today, a mother wrote me a $130 check for babysitting her four kids for a few hours. Trying to be gracious, I said, "Wow, thank you, this is very generous!" She thought for a minute, then said, "You're right." She took the check back, ripped it up, and wrote me a new one for $55. FML
I agree, your life sucks 82 060
You deserved it 30 740

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

Hmm... you didn't have a fixed rate?? Wth is up with that...? Did you seriously go babysit w/o prior knowledge of how much you're getting paid??

hey $55 is a good deal... i got $6 to baby sit three 7even year olds for an hour... the only way i could make them stfu was by beating the crap out of them in super smash... lolol

'scuse me? If a person gives you a check, and you comment on their generosity, they should have the decency to keep to their generosity and NOT be a bitch about it. I call it as I see it: The mom's a bitch.

generalsmith2 0

LOL number 18. wtf? did you ever pass first grade math?

You actually let her have the check back? The rule for any situation involving money is it should go straight into your pocket/wallet/purse.

First off, #18's math is absolutely terrible. Secondly, this is your fault in my opinion. Either set an amount before hand or don't act so surprised when you get paid.

SVelasquez 0

Wooow. You shouldn't have handed back the check or let her get it back. It goes right into your pocket and you say goodbye.

i think it depends on how well of a babysitter you are. if you have to do a lot of work, like making them supper and such, then 100 bucks would be resonable. but if youre just going to sit on your ass, you dont deserve that much.

hootersgirl09 0

haha next time just say thank you!