Barter

By Anonymous - 17/07/2009 06:05 - United States

Today, I got an email from a local company looking to have a website made. I looked over their request and provided them with a reasonable offer. I got an email back stating that they would like to pay me with liquor instead of money. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 158
You deserved it 4 274

Same thing different taste

Top comments

shewasalmost18 0
asoldieroforange 0

And you didn't accept their offer?!

Comments

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what the hell, best job ever! how is this remotely FYL? I'd take it any day of the week :p

jnic 0

Dude, as a graphic and web designer I'd be thrilled. ;D Although I can totally see why that would upset you. You might not like alcohol, or freelancing isn't going so good and you really need the money right now, etc. It also sucks to get bullshit from clients and this could've been a "straw that broke the camel's back" kind of thing for you, because it is pretty weird and could be a sign of how some people just don't give us designers enough credit at all.

maybe he doesnt drink? if he doesnt like liquor, or if its for religious reasons or maybe he's not old enough etc. and what if its too much liquor if it happens to be a high price? but i still think its not an fml because it sounds like the person hasnt actually made the website yet so he can just say no right?

Cgy_guy 0

I get this happening to me sometimes too. People figure that if their kids or nephews/nieces can make a "website thing" with M$ Frontpage then it can't possibly be worth it to pay a professional rate. I'll barter from time to time if they have something I want but unfortunately the electric company won't do the same for some reason. Mind you if the project scope wasn't too large and the alchohol wasn't swill I would have taken it.

megan_e1031 0

d00d, accept the offer. I would love it if someone paid me in booze.

Haha, next they'll be paying you in Trident Layers.

zendaddy0 0

take it even if u dont drink u can still sell it

nae_nae7890 0

they minus well have paid you in new trident layers gum... =