Abort mission!

By happytuckerhappy - 30/12/2014 00:41 - United States - Chandler

Today, I set up a profile on a dating app, stating that I'm awkward amongst other things. Within minutes, a guy messaged me. I was thrilled, until he started threatening me because he has Aspergers, and according to him, only they are "allowed" to be awkward. I had to delete my profile. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 038
You deserved it 3 158

Same thing different taste

Top comments

In times like this, the "block" button is your best friend. As well as the "report" button, and also the occasional police call or restraining order if it ever comes down to that.

Theres plenty fish in the sea, besides, dating sites aren't the only way to meet people.

Comments

bullies on dating app..that's weird... try good dating apps OP..best of luck...

HeyImAmy 20

I have Asperger's. What that guy did is stupid and it gives a bad name to people with learning disabilities. Just because me and other people with learning disabilities may be awkward does not mean normal people like the OP can't be awkward too. OP, be as awkward as you want and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Sounds like a tool, but why write that you're awkward? Just don't worry about it and you'll be a lot less awkward.

InfiniteSecret 20

Wow this is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard ?????

Goth_Hawk 28

At least your situation is online, its easier to escape when there's a block button waiting. I know a guy with Aspergers (he self identified), we're both in college, and I'm part of a group of people who like to play MTG during our breaks between class. He didn't start out playing, but he started paying attention to the games, and next thing we know, he's dumped a thousand dollars (he told us) into the game and wanted to play. We let him, but as time has passed on he's gotten more and more aggressive about losing and almost had a fit during finals week due to everyone studying and not playing with him. None of us even want to play with him anymore due to his attitude, but none of us know how to tell him to leave our group alone. He's also been harassing each of us on Facebook to hang out all through our current semester break. We've mostly ignored him but how do you tell someone to stop when you're worried about their reaction? He gets visible shakes and seems to have a very short temper, I worry that he's going to hurt someone if he loses a game or if we all tell him to go away.

Bear down and straight out tell him. Preferably in a public place with a lot of witnesses around. And wear protection.

Goth_Hawk 28

I've tried to get everyone on the same page, but frankly they're treating him as if he can't control himself, but he's cognizant of his actions and is obviously competent enough for college, it's on him that he is pushing away people by hounding them for attention.

TallMist 32

While that is rather extensive, and somewhat unjustified, I do have to ask: Do you guys actively ignore him? Have you said no every single time he asked to hang out? Some people, when ignored extensively, WILL start bugging for attention. I can't say for sure, since IDK the entire situation, but if, at one point, you guys just decided to say no to every hang out request, I can see why he'd get frustrated.

y delete and not report? no respect for your self.

Had to?! Top idiotic thing I've read all day.

rifletwirler92 15

That guy was jerk OP don't let him make you feel bad. I met my current boyfriend on OKCupid and we've been dating almost 2 years. But keep in mind if you want to make a new profile that there are a lot of jerks and creeps in online dating. If you want to find someone you're going to have to ignore the nasty comments. It shouldn't be that way but it is, and besides the people that say that are the ones who just want everyone to feel as miserable as they do.

cryssycakesx3 22

me too! been 3 years. just gotta remember to have patience. you can't let feelings get in your way.

Mysterious_one 26

seems like you're really awkward... block and report

As a teen with Asperger's, that guy's a douche