Abort mission!

By happytuckerhappy - 30/12/2014 00:41 - United States - Chandler

Today, I set up a profile on a dating app, stating that I'm awkward amongst other things. Within minutes, a guy messaged me. I was thrilled, until he started threatening me because he has Aspergers, and according to him, only they are "allowed" to be awkward. I had to delete my profile. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 037
You deserved it 3 158

Same thing different taste

Top comments

In times like this, the "block" button is your best friend. As well as the "report" button, and also the occasional police call or restraining order if it ever comes down to that.

Theres plenty fish in the sea, besides, dating sites aren't the only way to meet people.

Comments

Hey, don't worry op :). I bet that there are many other people out there who would want to date you. Don't let one bad encounter on the internet bring you down, it's not the end of the world!

xxreikoxx 31

Way to give people with Asperger's a bad name - ugh. Sorry, OP. Not all of us with Asperger's are harsh like that. You shouldn't have deleted your profile for another's satisfaction. Definite "your life sucks" for this.

I very much doubt he actually has Aspergers either. I at least most certainly dont feel entitled to be awkward. In fact, here someone else take it please!

xxreikoxx 31

#66: I wasn't doubting it. Some people with Asperger's, or any form of autism, can be really harsh because our lack of a word filter can vary based on our functionality.

Perhaps in the future you could try to write more positive things about yourself.

xxreikoxx 31

Perhaps you should practice what you preach.

Maybe that was the only negative thing they put about themselves.

Terrynics 8

That's very harsh. He shouldn't have done that.

cheshireau 26

You had too? Why didn't you report him?

Don't let him get you down. Eventually through a dating site or not you'll find him.

It's strange how he just assumed you don't have Aspergers as well though.

Like others have said, not all of us are like that. I'm sorry he was a brat. Don't give up, though, block him and keep using that app if you want to. You shouldn't delete your profile to satisfy one asshole.