Abort mission!

By happytuckerhappy - 30/12/2014 00:41 - United States - Chandler

Today, I set up a profile on a dating app, stating that I'm awkward amongst other things. Within minutes, a guy messaged me. I was thrilled, until he started threatening me because he has Aspergers, and according to him, only they are "allowed" to be awkward. I had to delete my profile. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 038
You deserved it 3 158

Same thing different taste

Top comments

In times like this, the "block" button is your best friend. As well as the "report" button, and also the occasional police call or restraining order if it ever comes down to that.

Theres plenty fish in the sea, besides, dating sites aren't the only way to meet people.

Comments

Ianamis 6

I know people with Asperger's none of them act like that. I do wonder if certain people say they have Aspergers so they think they can be a dick without the consequences of being a dick.

I have Aspergers and I can tell you that this is most likely the case in this situation. Its a shame some people say they have Aspergers soley because they're assholes and shitty with people.

that sounds like something that would happen on tumblr

Just remember, not all of us are like that, no genocide plz

Dont worry... What is awkward really..... If its doing the same thing the " popular " people do... Then count me out...!! F that dude... Ur awesome just the way u are..!

Scorpio1691 29

why delete your profile? i would report his message to the site admin and get him banned. if he cant accept people for all their quirks. he is definitely on the wrong site.

I am an aspie he is an ass! sorry that happened report him!

Well I've got Aspergers and I can say that you're allowed to be awkward. It's kindof an adorable thing in my opinion.

He is one of the people that just like to hate and make you feel bad about yourself, you can be awkward if you want most people are awkward in one way or another anyways.

As someone who very likely has Aspergers/high-functioning Autism and had a friend with it when I was younger, I find what this guy did to be very offensive. On the other hand, maybe he honestly didn't understand it was wrong; I often say and do things that others find offensive or annoying without realizing it, it's unlikely but it's possible.

Its highly unlikely he didnt know he was being hurtful. when you say things like "youre not allowed to be awkward" you know very well what your saying, and the intent behind it.

most people with Aspergers don't realize what there saying can be hurtful