Word

By eliteslayer29 - 21/12/2009 07:04 - United States

Today, I sent my resume to a place where I hoped to work at. Since the job requires me to be doing work on the run, I put on it that I have a laptop. The only problem is that I always thought it was "labtop." I didn't learn the correct spelling until my daughter called me an idiot, she's 6. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 475
You deserved it 42 916

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It's hard for me to believe you've never seen the word "laptop" before. How about ads? How about the side of the box your laptop came in? How about news articles? even television ads?

YDI. You should ALWAYS spell check a resume before sending it.

Comments

SadButSoTrue 0

YDI. My cousin is 4 and can spell Laptop correctly. You epically fail.

a LAPtop is because it fits in your LAP. not because they're in labs

I just realized..."at" can also be an adverb, as well as a preposition.

I was kind of hoping, for the sake of humanity, that English was not OP's first language. Then the grammar, spelling, flow, and apparent misunderstanding of appropriate resumé content would make more sense...

ihearticarly 0

Yeah it is kind of a dumb thing to mess up but it happens. I'm 21 and a couple years ago at my old high school we had these things called C.O.W's (computers on wheels) or we could go to a computer LAB! So I guess depending on his age maybe that's what they had in his computer labs. Laptops. So maybe that's how he got laBtop? I mean... I've been diagnosed with A.D.D so idk how clearly that thought process works for all of you... but it does for me.

SpeechQween94 14