With any luck, it'll be canceled

By Anonymous - 06/04/2020 05:00

Today, I found out that my friends finally scheduled their wedding. The entire friend group of the groom, which I am part of, is in the wedding. Except me. If I go I’ll have to watch my boyfriend, who is a groomsman, walk down the aisle with one of the bride’s friends on his arm while I sit alone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 913
You deserved it 714

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just because you’re in their friendship circle doesn’t mean you have to be in the wedding party. Who cares if your boyfriend is walking down the aisle with another bridesmaid, it’s not like they’ll be getting married. Just be happy for your friends.

bloopaloop 27

Yeah. That’s how weddings work.

Comments

bloopaloop 27

Yeah. That’s how weddings work.

You know, the groomsmen don't automatically have to bone the bridesmaid they walk down the aisle. It's a nice perk, though.

Just because you’re in their friendship circle doesn’t mean you have to be in the wedding party. Who cares if your boyfriend is walking down the aisle with another bridesmaid, it’s not like they’ll be getting married. Just be happy for your friends.

smartjaguargurl 17

It’s the couple’s choice who’s in their parties. Not yours. Either get over it or don’t go and ruin your friendship.

LadyRen 20

You’re friends with the groom. Groom doesn’t choose the bridesmaids, the bride does. Just because your bf was chosen doesn’t mean the bride has to auto pick you when you’re in the grooms friend group (not hers).

What a silly thing to be jealous over! If you can't be mature enough to watch the wedding, maybe you could just come to the reception.

icalledhisname 12

A similar thing happened to me when my cousin got married. Everyone in our family took part except me. It sucked. I know there’s that belief that if everyone has a problem with someone, that person is the problem, as in, that person did something wrong. That’s truly not me. I’ll bet it’s not you either. People are just thoughtless sometimes.

And so what? That happens all the time.

You are selfish for feeling that way. The bride and groom pick, you get over it.