With any luck, it'll be canceled

By Anonymous - 06/04/2020 05:00

Today, I found out that my friends finally scheduled their wedding. The entire friend group of the groom, which I am part of, is in the wedding. Except me. If I go I’ll have to watch my boyfriend, who is a groomsman, walk down the aisle with one of the bride’s friends on his arm while I sit alone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 912
You deserved it 713

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just because you’re in their friendship circle doesn’t mean you have to be in the wedding party. Who cares if your boyfriend is walking down the aisle with another bridesmaid, it’s not like they’ll be getting married. Just be happy for your friends.

bloopaloop 27

Yeah. That’s how weddings work.

Comments

It's okay to feel what you feel. You're not defined by feelings, but how you act upon them. I don't think they meant any hurt by it, though. Maybe you can still have a good time there? Just try not to read too far into things.

I was part of my aunts wedding and I had to walk down the aisle with her friends son, his gf broke up with him over it, don’t be that girl.

Sady_Ct 37

I watched my partner walk with a bridesmaid down the aisle, and dance with her etc at a wedding last month. She also had my name. It didn’t feel good as this was our first event as a couple and the dancing was announced to the party last minute. It sucked but he spent as much time with me as he could which made it better. It was a lovely evening and we all had a good time by the end. It’s THEIR DAY, let it be the way they want and let it go.

That’s happening to me too except I’m not friends with the bride or groom I won’t know anyone but my fiancé who will be a groomsman... I’m not going

julfunky 29

Nothing is “happening” to you. Your partner walking with someone of the opposite gender isn’t an event. Be a adult and get over it.

You'll be alright. Be happy for your boyfriend.

oldcustard 5

sounds like its your boyfriends friend circle and youre just "one of those" girlfriends....ugh

It ain't about you; get over yourself.

Hello, OP here. I do plan on going to the wedding and I’m not that upset about not being picked to be in the wedding party. I am more upset about sitting alone with strangers. I’m not planning on breaking up with my boyfriend over this or even being mad at him. I was simply venting because I felt excluded and have social anxiety that makes it scary to have to sit with strangers.

I wasn't my friends bridesmaid even though my husband was their groomsmen. I didn't choose my husband's groomsmens wife even though he was chosen. Have fun. Stop being petty.

You do realize the entire idea of "weddings" is religious based so of course they only cater to the hetero norm... most of them are bigots and lie to themselves daily. This is why I don't go to weddings myself. Religious ceremonies are disgusting and the fact it's tied to our gov't is such a violation of church and state It's just ridiculous.