Where is this kid now?

By randa - This FML is from back in 2011 but it's good stuff

Today, I told my son that his grades are dropping and his behavior is getting out of hand. To which he replied, "Yeah, so is your weight." FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 118
You deserved it 16 936

Comments

guys, she said his grades are DROPPING & he said so is your weight. he meant losing weight dropping=losing so it really wasnt an insult.

ButtRaep 0

no he means her weight is getting outta hand

Release the Kracken! No, seriously beat the lil asshole then hit up a gym

46, you just made my day. I laughed so hard at your comment. it brought joy to my heart. thank you.

hazelkee 0

oh. if I said that my daddy would get out his belt and beat my but till it was red with welts.

lookcutelivedirt 0

same with my dad. if I disrespect him in any way he makes sure I'm put back in my place.

notquite69 0

You raised the little piece of shit.

ymhbuckshot 0
avatar0810 15

get off your fat ass and do something about it.

sourgirl101 28

Not really an insult if you realized what he said. He's not too bright is he? Anyways he's just trying to get the focus off himself and it seems to have worked. Now, what are you going to do about his grades and behavior?

It's been clinically proven that spanking an insolent brat burns 565 kcal per hour. Go replicate their results, and feel the burn.

Ehm hello ive noticed people are saying beat that kid, wtf no parent has the right to put their hand on any child. They did wrong explain it to them, ground them or take something they like off them but do NOT hit them!

No parent? Really? Are you a parent? Parents have the right to raise their children the way that they see fit. You, on the other hand, have no right to tell them otherwise. I was spanked when I was a kid, and I turned out fine (though I'm sure many of you would disagree). I didn't become abusive, violent, a serial killer, etc.

doc your picture makes me question the serial killer part lol

sourgirl101 28

I have mixed feelings about spanking children. I've spanked my children maybe? a handful of times and it was for something serious like them running across the street without looking. However, many parents take it to an extreme and hit only out of frustration. I for one, can not witness a child getting hit repeatedly without speaking up. It's my business because that abused child is going to be released into my society.

I think an educative b*tch-slap can be approptiate sometimes. When children are too young, they aren't always capable of understanding what their parents mean. Then you gotta get physical! (physical physical...) imo.

life2007 0

There is a difference between spanking a child and beating one. I've been at the ends of both. I quick smack to the back of the head isn't going to hurt the little shit. Beating a child with a belt for stupid stuff kids do is wrong. I called my mom a bitch one time she ripped the headphones off my head smacked me in the back of my head then laid into me about respect. I've never been so afraid in my life. My biological father use to beat me till I was black and blue, and my mom still scares me more and I have respect for her.

I agree. having a kid myself, and raising my brother and sister, I am a firm believer in "spare the rod, spoil the child". now I watched my older brother as he was beaten by my moms ex, and he turned into the biggest **** up I know. that got out of hand. having watched that, I kept my mouth shut til I was 13. I told my mom to shut the hell up. only once. she smacked me across my mouth and I never did that again. it's been ten years and I'm taller and faster than her... doesn't change it. she put the fear of mom in me. forgive me for rambling, my own experiences. but yeah, whoever said you shouldn't discipline your kids by poppin em a good one when it's well deserved... you ******* idiot!

Even most states have laws that outline that a parent may use a reasonable amount of physical force to control their child. No one is talking about legitimately beating the kid. I was adopted at 7, my biological mom beat the crap out of me and my adoptive parents used reasonable force. I would say actually experiencing both, I don't think it's inappropriate if used properly.

Leeshxx - that's a knife I pulled out of a guy's back. I promise I haven't inserted it into anyone else, though I've been tempted after reading some of the comments here. I totally agree about spanking versus beating. Spanking is OK. Parents who beat their children should be beaten themselves by someone much larger than they.

Yea, trying to explain to a child that they did something wrong isnt helpful if they don't have a frame of reference for what is "bad", and spanking them is the only real way that I know of to establish what is bad, and WHY it is bad. WHY is it bad? Because they know that if they do it, they're gonna get hit, and they're gonna stand in the corner, which is boring, and they don't like boring things. Children are selfish, cruel, and stupid by nature. Logic is simply not an option, not for the first several years at least. I think I need to state how I define spanking though. The goal is not to hurt the child, but to give them the "I did something wrong" feeling. Hell, though the thick diaper of a 2 year old, I'd be surprised if they felt any pain at all. It's mostly the emotional trauma that they got struck.

I agree wholeheartedly with doc an sourgirl.

he's a doctor maybe? pulled that out of someone?

wow that isn't kind of the post I clicked on to comment.

missnoel 0

As a parent, I must say. You, madam are unequivocally a moron. While I agree the comments like, "Give him a fat lip" are way out of hand, spanking a child is laying hands. Legal, not abuse, and often NECESSARY.

missnoel 0

There is a difference between smacking kids around and discipline. Look it up. Educate your self before you spout off your nonsense.

sunshine_today23 0

if I had ever said something like that as a kid I would have been DEAD. take away the door on his bedroom, and make him earn it back by bringing his grades up and being polite. if he ups the anti, take away the room and put his mattress on the floor of the hall. I had this done to me by my parents for a much lesser "crime".. child needs some discipline. you'll be doing him a favor so the world doesn't later teach him how to behave..the world isn't as forgiving as parents. (ahem..as in fines and jail in the real world depending on the behavior, or a lack of good friends because the person doesn't exhibit empathy or caring for others). teach him now so the police don't have to later.

Bravo, good response. I had similar punishments and they were very productive.