What's in a name?

By charlatan - 19/08/2018 01:30

Today, I asked out the girl of my dreams. She asked me what year I was born in, then brutally rejected me. Apparently it's because my name wasn't in the top 20 baby names for my birth year. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 971
You deserved it 228

Same thing different taste

Top comments

DMA 11

Better step up your game, star signs; you’ve got some competition for arbitrary metrics of compatibility!

My Spidey-sense is tingling. Something's not kosher, here.

Comments

My Spidey-sense is tingling. Something's not kosher, here.

What the hell? Sounds like you dodged a bullet with this one.

DMA 11

Better step up your game, star signs; you’ve got some competition for arbitrary metrics of compatibility!

OP are you sure it’s that your name was not popular and not that it was your age that was the issue? I find it really hard to believe that she was looking for a “popular name” in a potential partner. After all, she presumably knew your name before she asked your age. I understand that people do wind up with an expectation for the age of their perspective partner. It may not be fair in some cases or it may be reasonable in other cases. A really big difference in ages can be an issue for many people, and it’s often not negotiable. It’s better to find out if there is an impediment to a relationship early than to find out later that it’s just never going to be.

Wow sounds like you dodged some crazy there😥😌

Uh huh, and what about the year she was born in? Was her name in the top 20 baby names for her birth year?

This is not an FML. This is a bullet dodge.

tounces7 27

Apparently you dream of idiots.

Time to file for a name change! No, actually, don't. You don't want someone that nuts anyway. If she's that particular about your name, something you had no control over, imagine what else she'd be so picky about.