Warranties don't cover kids, do they?

By FMLMaximus - 13/09/2019 14:00

Today, my two year-old fell with a toy in her hand. The TV isn't even paid off yet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 234
You deserved it 465

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Don’t finance a dang tv. They aren’t even that expensive now. Stupid.

You have a 2 year old and the TV is within her reach? Kinda asked for that one.

Comments

Don’t finance a dang tv. They aren’t even that expensive now. Stupid.

Maybe OP put it on her credit card and hasn't yet paid off this month's balance (in full), hmm?

Financing a TV or buying it on a card with an unpaid balance are equally stupid. Same thing. Either buy one outright when you have the money or don't buy one.

^This. YDI for buying stuff you cant afford.

Um, paying off your monthly credit card balance in full *IS* the same as paying in cash. DUH!

...which is why I said "unpaid balance". If the TV is less than an month old and you just haven't paid the monthly credit card bill yet, I supposed you could say that it "isn't even paid off yet" but generally you'd just say it's brand new. The implication is that the TV was financed and they're still making payments on a broken TV. Which is, again, stupid.

ViviMage 38

You need a screen protector on the TV (they sold them for the wii motes) or parent better not to have the child touch the TV. You can check your warranty, but I think it's voided if an object is thrown at the TV

julfunky 29

Don’t have children, eh? Or read? The child DIDN’t touch the tv, they fell. Something anyone — adult or child — can do.

ViviMage 38

I can't have children, and I mount my TV to the entertainment center so it's much harder to fall into it, or need to walk close to it.

We mounted ours but kids still throw crap. I completely agree but OP maybe be in an apartment where you can't mount anything to a wall. :(

Susan Yee 9

Why bought a huge tv if couldn’t afford to pay in full. They are not expensive, unlike cars or houses.

That sucks but don't buy things on payments. you pay more in the long run. or if you do, get the insurance they usually like to offer. hopefully lesson learned

You have a 2 year old and the TV is within her reach? Kinda asked for that one.

Major_Haywire 7

Contents insurance should cover it

Jasin Smith 7

just tell everyone it's the multi-window model!