By moosemay - 19/01/2016 17:03 - Germany - Dittelbrunn

Today, I took my two-year-old daughter to the dentist for her first check-up. We were at the front desk when she tripped, fell and chipped her front tooth on the marble floor. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 233
You deserved it 1 516

Same thing different taste

Comments

Yeah op and if she's two the tooth will most likely fall out.

Shadowvoid 33

Well technically since it's a primary tooth, it will fall out so this is only a temporary problem. If you feel like it needs to be fixed though, you can have your dentist do something other than wait 8 years.

Well now you can knock out 2 birds with 1 stone. Checkup and chipped tooth :D

amileah13 26

Aww poor thing! Hopefully it's a baby tooth :(

Alup132 22

I still find it funny, even if it was a misunderstanding.

Well it would be scary if it isn't .. But then again, maybe it could be a Dinosaur tooth.

amileah13 26

Totally mortified. I read that FML way too quickly, sorry guys! Thanks for pointing out my mistake!

I accidentally pressed ydi :( I didn't mean to

thanks for telling us man. now we can do great things with this information.

This comment actually was for op.. Not you. I was just trying to be nice and explain myself. I don't get why I got down voted so much.

The FML community fluctuates like this, don't take it to heart

Well the good news is that it's a baby tooth so it won't affect her adult teeth

You'd be surprised. My youngest sister tripped and fell as a baby and chipped her tooth. When it fell out years later and the new adult tooth came in it had a big orange stain on it. My parents (dentists) said it was because she fell and pushed her baby tooth up which knocked into her adult tooth, damaging and scarring it. Hopefully that's not the case with OP's daughter.

She'll be fine! My brother broke one of my front teeth in half with a rock when I was little kid, but I don't even remember it hurting at all.

Maybe she has poor teeth? Sorry, OP, the tooth hurts sometimes

It's highly likely anyone would have chipped their tooth. The floor is marble, not silk.

I wouldn't get it fixed since she's 2, she's going to lose those teeth in a few years anyway

That really depends. If she just chipped a little enamel, she's probably okay. If she chipped all the way to the dentin or the pulp, the little girl could actually be in quite a bit of pain. "Baby teeth" are actually very important. They maintain the spaces needed in the mouth for the permanent teeth to erupt normally. If you loose a primary tooth more than 6 months before a permanent tooth is expected to come in, you need to get a space maintainer else all of the other teeth in the mouth will shift around to fill in the space. Then you get to drop several grand on the orthodontist when the kid's older because their teeth will be all crowded.

I wonder if the whole layout of this dentistry is purposely designed so that people trip and chip teeth on the marble floor. It looks totally accidental but brings in more business. Anyhow, what kind of dentist has marble floors!