Toxic workplace goals!

By Anonymous - 22/04/2013 23:37 - Australia - Mona Vale

Today, I walked out of a job interview feeling confident because I'd really hit it off with the interviewer. He called me an hour later to tell me that I didn't get the job, since he was afraid we'd "get along too well and never get any work done." FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 832
You deserved it 3 734

Same thing different taste

Top comments

plum_lovin 28

I would have gone back and slapped him across the face and said we aren't friends and that I want the damn job.

Oh gosh,this goes up there with "you're too experienced."

Comments

perdix 29

Ask him if he'll be a reference for you as you apply elsewhere. A good buddy will lie through his teeth for you when other prospective bosses call.

perdix 29

#9, you mean "asocial." Antisocial douches are criminals who actively seek to disrupt ordinary society, but asocial douches correct people's grammar and usage mistakes in front of everyone. I'll require 4 weeks paid vacation and unfiltered Internet access. I'll start Monday, no wait, a week from Wednesday.

upallnight11 19

I feel for you. I had a call last week after a seemingly positive interview for a job I really wanted, informing me that I wouldn't get a second interview as 'I didn't seem to want the job'. I'm not sure how they deduced this.

I was told two weeks ago that "I oversold myself"... I guess being confident about what you do could potentially prevent you from getting one these days.... Lol

thejimler 9

This is dumb sounding, but the best way to find out you didn't get the job is to be told that they picked the best candidate. Equally infuriating as this FML is when they try to say it as though they are doing you a favour by not choosing you.

Where's the win when you need one the most... Sorry OP... Smh

mimikinsz01 6

Thats dumb. Tell him you's were never friends to begin with.