Toxic masculinity = No housework

By sigh - 24/11/2011 19:30 - United States

Today, my boyfriend got upset after I politely asked him to do the laundry. He takes every chance he gets to act macho and brag to people about how he's in the Marines, but apparently he is too much of a pussy to act like a man and clean his own clothes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 727
You deserved it 6 629

Same thing different taste

Top comments

bigAC 6

tell him if he does his laundry he'll get a special reward ;) then give him a lollipop

usmcgalie 0

He's in the marine corp. he knows how to do his laundry. I'm in the marine corps. Guys do their own laundry every day.

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Not washing clothed doesn't make you a pussy. It makes you lazy

Damn_Hippster 11

Make him drop and give you ten...dollars

What ever you do, don't be like girl who said shed give a ******* every time her boyfriend washed the dishes. He will be washing cloths that aren't even close to dirty.

Op your bf is in the military. He serves his country puts his life on the line. Who gives a damn about him not doing laundry. This isn't a fml its how most guys are. Like a mother telling her son clean his room. I hate pointless fmls like this.

Tookie22 5

Tell him to quit being an Fn boot or you'll haze his ass. He's been doing his own laundry since bootcamp. He's being lazy. Nobody cares he is a Marine. Trust me he isn't special. 44- he's a stupid boot most likely a pog. Maines wash their clothes. Whether its a frickin MRE box with rocks and a trash bag or the luxury of a washing machine.

rldostie 19

He's a POG. He knows how to do his own laundry if he's a Marine. In fact, he also knows how to sew. So next time you have a hole in a pair of clothing, hand it to him, tell him to Marine up, and sew it for you. Marines, like most of the military, are trained to be self sufficient. He just wants you to do it for him. If I were you, I'd let his dirty clothes pile up until he either washes it himself or goes around in dirty clothes. It is in no way your responsibility to make sure his clothes are clean.

Number 8: washing "clothed" is very abnormal. Personally I shower naked, but maybe that's just me?

Sounds like your relationship is going great ;)

56- I was just kidding. Didn't mean to offend you. Just wanted to tease you a little. Guess humor doesn't carry well over the internet?

70- I know, you just caught me at a bad time. Sorry

aznkill 0

Dunt do his laundry for a while and then he'll be sorry

MoutainDrewski 0

well of course not, that's a woman's job

22cute 17

Put his laundry in a sack in his closet. Or just throw it outside. It's not your job to do his laundry OR to ask him to do it.

bigAC 6

tell him if he does his laundry he'll get a special reward ;) then give him a lollipop

Glitterhinoceros 14

Don't do it for him, let him choose between wearing dirty clothes, or washing them himself.

Won't work he would probably try and get the OP to do it until she gives in

Doesn't seem like there's much options.. Or we can take the FML approach and tell OP to "break up with him!" Yeesh.. :l

irimalovecheer98 5

How is his spelling "patheticish" you can't misspell a made up word...

rivera323 5

You're lucky to be his girlfriend. You're just an old lady...learn your place in the club!

cjwalsh86 0

My husband just got back from Iraq. He also thinks since he's not required to keep everything spotless, he acts the complete opposite at home. I understand this persons frustration after I repeatedly clean up after the tornado that has now arrived! But God bless our soldiers, I still love him!

Do his laundry , but make sure to put his brightly colored clothes with his whites , and shrink his clothes in the dryer (:

usmcgalie 0

He's in the marine corp. he knows how to do his laundry. I'm in the marine corps. Guys do their own laundry every day.

USMCSNIPER209 0

oh snap, a wookie chimes in! (a term for females in The Corps) Semper Fidelis my fellow Belleu Woods(wo)man. 03 chiming in. Yut Yut!

usmcgalie 0

Can't even tell you how many of my guy friends make wookie jokes. Then all turn to me and are like but not you D, your cool. Lmao. Good times. Semper Fi to you too man.