By Sewert_5 - 10/11/2015 16:16

Today, I made a fatal mistake that may cost my company thousands of dollars. This was right after I got a recognition for my outstanding work last week. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 987
You deserved it 4 062

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I guess it depends what kind of mistake you made. Should you have checked with a coworker to prevent it from occurring? Let's hope your achievements outweigh your mistake....

Comments

You probably won't be getting any more awards.

On the bright side, you're still able to type despite being fatally injured!

Nobody can tell if you are joking or clueless

What does that have to do with anything, it's not like his company would hire a mafia to make a hit on him

RedPillSucks 31

maybe he's just making a joke about the misuse of 'fatal' since no-one died

I thought he meant that the mistake would be fatal to the company.

But 17, there's wasn't a misuse of fatal, I'm addition to death, it can mean leading to failure or disaster, I think the disaster one applies pretty well in most cases like this.

Thousands for a company a disaster? Maybe for a person or a small business, but I don't know any who refers to a small business as a company, typically a shop. Will they be angry sure but they will live.

Well, you won't be getting any recognition for outstanding work this week!

Well, FML, it's true. This is a post that is meant to be posted on FML. Congratulations.

I guess it depends what kind of mistake you made. Should you have checked with a coworker to prevent it from occurring? Let's hope your achievements outweigh your mistake....

Yeah, I think this FML needs a follow-up.

At least you have last week going for you

Yikes, that's never a fun situation. However on the bright side, if you're such a wonderful employee, it hopefully won't be as big an issue as you think, and your superiors will be at least a bit understanding. Good luck!