By Anonymous - 13/04/2016 14:04 - United States - Bel Air

Today, while opening up to a few friends about how I was sexually abused as a child, one of them blurted "Pics or it didn't happen." How did the others react? With outrage? No, just with awkward chuckling. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 204
You deserved it 2 090

Same thing different taste

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

37, if you can't tell your friends sensitive information, they really don't deserve to be called "friends" :P

MikaykayUnicorn 36

Agreed. You trusted them with something about you that they should never joke about but they went ahead and did it anyways. Get friends who are sympathetic and not total douchebags.

Your profile picture goes perfectly with the comment.

KVKdragon 26

I was going to say the same thing, 143 XD

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

No one makes a comment like that by "accident"

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Maybe they were uncomfortable and didn't know how to ease he tension. I've done stupid shut in situations like that, but not that bad.

maybe they spoke before thinking about it first.

I agree with you #5. Sometimes the filter just isn't on, and inappropriate things just kinda slip out. Been there, done that. The friend wasn't trying to be insensitive. And they were probably trying to laugh it off because it was so awkward, and they didn't know what else to do. You never know.

i do get that although wildly inapropriat kids tend to not handle serious situations well

FalloutScrolls 25

That's truly awful, OP. I'm sorry you had to go through that. And those friends ought to be ashamed of themselves!

lilchica22001 22

That's disgusting! You definitely need new friends OP. Maybe look into joining a support group. They have lots on Facebook and you would be able to talk to people who have experienced what you have. It would surely help to be able to talk about it with like-minded people who aren't scumbags like your friends.

damn that's kind of harsh. even if they where trying to be funny that's not something you joke about. FYL.

That is actually the worst I'm so sorry OP I hope you're getting the help you need

tbh that's horrible for them to say and you should honestly get new friends who won't be assholes like them.