By Anonymous - 14/08/2014 21:13 - Canada - Sudbury

Today, while on a tour bus, our guide told us that "Jimi Hendrix was like, uh, the Miley Cyrus of the '60s." I'm actually a committed pacifist, but I was already halfway out of my seat to choke the pimply-faced twat out before I managed to restrain myself. Now I'm scared of myself. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 441
You deserved it 6 161

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Aspen_Grace33 27

I'm sure I'm going to be attacked by Miley fans, but Jimi and Miley aren't even in the same category!!! Maybe you shouldn't have restrained yourself!!!

I don't see Jimmy Hendrix twerking, or licking hammers naked.

Comments

Aspen_Grace33 27

I'm sure I'm going to be attacked by Miley fans, but Jimi and Miley aren't even in the same category!!! Maybe you shouldn't have restrained yourself!!!

Yes, because attacking people because of a different opinion is the way to go.

michaelaranda 28

I think the tour guide was just trying to be relatable. Jim hendrix was extremely popular in the 60s, miley cyrus is extremely popular today.

Aspen_Grace33 27

Of course it is!!! Just look at the freaks in Ferguson, MO ripping the shit out of their own city due to them thinking they are right about everything when clearly there is more to the story!

RedPillSucks 31

As oppose to burning cars because your team won a championship.

ahippienamedrae 10

They're protesting excessive police violence. that's really about all that's happening

Aspen_Grace33 27

What's happening in the process of them "protesting" is tearing apart their own neighbor's businesses and taking jobs away from people by destroying businesses that have nothing to do with this "excessive police violence". What are they actually showing us by destroying Ferguson?

schhichick 14

You know who is a better singer than both of them? Phoebe Buffay smelly cat smelly cat what are they feeding youuuuuu?

Miley's image is part of a publicity stunt. All press is good press so even negative things like this get her name out there. I don't know much about the girl except the fact that she has a very good agent. Everyone knows her name so whether you like her or not, you're buying into the propaganda! If you really dislike her stop talking about her. I'm not a supporter but I'm just saying. This is how people get famous these days. Conflicting views over social media

Totally agree nothing against Miley and what she does but she doesn't even compare to him. OP you should have atleast said something without using violence:)

It is not that Jimmy was really all that good... He need the drugs to take him to the next level of playing.

I read your comment in Tina's voice b/c of your profile pic lol

Jimi was popular because his music was good. Miley is popular because she humps people with foam fingers and dresses like a ****.

astrolaf 13

definitely should have taught him a lesson

#14 if someone has an opinion that stupid they deserve to be slapped upside the head.

#93 you realise that the tour guide was trying to make the connection that they were both very famous, right? Obviously they aren't even in the same category. *slaps you upside the head*

incoherentrmblr 21

You had every right to choke that POS. The two are no where close in status. Plus, Jimi is a musician and song writer, Miley is just a performer...

@84 Isn't that how most celebrities are famous today? It's rather messed up actually.

I'm sorry, if there's a point to "pacifist", I'm not seeing it.

Perhaps it was an attempt at a pun-- like 'pass-a-fist in his face'.

I'm fairly certain they put pacifist in quotations to question the title OP has given himself. Such as someone being the first level (let's say they are level one out of 100 levels for a player) on a game and calling him/herself prestige then losing badly, in which case a person says sarcastically, "Yeah, you're 'prestige.'" Sorry for my bad example but I couldn't think of anything else and it was the first thing to come to mind in order to explain. Then again that's just my take on the comment.

I think OP put it there to show that he's not the kind of person who would normally react like that. If you go around punching people whenever you get angry then this wouldn't be that surprising. If you are a committed pacifist and get violent then not only would you be surprised at yourself but it just shows how awful the catalyst was for you to have gotten angry and lost it.

I don't think Miley could even dream of herself as having as much talent as Jimi, smh.

Respect101 17

I'm not a fan of Miley, but when she first started she was a great singer( still wasn't a fan then, but she did have talent). Now she went down a path a lot of people think is weird. Jimi Hendricks.... He was a ******* kick ass guitar player with shit tons of talent. Possible one of the best guitarist along with Phil Collen and Steve Clark.

RusticChick 27

I would have reacted the same.. but I'm not sure about the restraint part. Kudos to you, sir!

I don't see Jimmy Hendrix twerking, or licking hammers naked.

AnOriginalName 19

Nah, he just sets his instruments on fire.

PresidentNorth 16

how did possibly turn that sexual? Get your weak ass comment out of here.

myoukei 31

To be fair, i don't see Miley twerking either. You can't twek if you're only equipped with a pancake.

The self-restraint stops twerkin' when anyone mentions Miley Cyrus

Why the reaction? Miley's also groundbreaking, influential, black guitarist.

Loaded_Dubz 9

I dont understand the "black guitarist" part of that. She's white.

SystemofaBlink41 27

That was kind of the... Should I even bother?

21 implying miley is groundbreaking and influential. No

Mads_1234 28

39: The joke ------------- Your head

Fracking fantastic haha. Redpill, that had me laughing unnecessarily hard lol. As for the people who missed that..... Damn....

Is everyone retarded? I put 21 for a reason. 21 only seemed to have a problem with "black guitarist". That implies that 21 does not have a problem with the other two statements.