By Nice guy finishing last. - 07/04/2017 12:00

Today, I saw a girl I have a crush on sitting on a fountain, away from everyone. I thought this would be the perfect time to make a move on her. I tapped her on the shoulder, which scared her. She nervously flenched and began to piss herself. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 379
You deserved it 921

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's kinda concerning that she reacted so severely to being tapped on the shoulder. Maybe she was physically abused in a past relationship? Honestly this is more of a f her life than f your life

Either she has a nervous disorder, or you are a really scary dude. Im assuming the former, in which case you couldn't have known, so not your fault. If it's the latter...well, ydi, and you should probably stear clear of small children.

Comments

Vesi 29

OK.. a few things. First, if she was sitting alone, maybe she wanted to, you know, be alone. Second, do not, under any normal circumstance, touch anyone, ever, without their consent. (Noting, of course, emergency situations.) Third, Use your voice, not your hands. A very soft "Hi there, would you mind some company?" would have been much better and put the ball in her court and very likely given you a much better response. You never know what someone may have encountered in their life. This is coming from a survivor of some pretty horrific abuse, not someone just saying this was not the brightest move on your part. Good luck, next time.

squiros 2

flense flens/ verb verb: flench slice the skin or fat from (a carcass, especially that of a whale). strip (skin or fat) from a carcass. "the skin had been flensed off" so was she cutting on a fish in the fountain or just a random nearby animal? can you imagine how scared she must be of you to start cutting a dead animal while pissing herself?

HanBanana15 9

First of all, your username is absolutely cringe-worthy. Second, what kind of a person decides to announce their presence by touching instead of using words? Third, all of this, and the fact that you were trying to "make a move" on the poor girl without talking to her first and making sure it's okay, is just really disgusting and I personally think her reaction was less than you deserved. You should've gotten a slap to the face, just to teach you a little lesson in consent. Poor girl. I hope the situation wasn't too traumatic for her.

a slap in the face? that is extreme.Op tapped her on the shoulder. Personally I don't see anything wrong in wanting to make a move on someone as long as you back off if they aren't interested. on TV, some places seem to have a culture where it is very acceptable to chat and seeing how it goes. My guess is that by 'make a move' OP meant he wanted to approach her and start chatting, maybe.tryi g to be cute by tapping her, which was misjudged. i am also guessing OP was joking with the username as i cant imagine anyone putting that seriously. but all this is my interpretation. i don't know how it happened or the girl's view. Bit i think slapping someone is out of order.

joeyl2008 29

People like you are the worst

species4872 19

Hell of a thing to do to the poor lass, Go buy a single rose, a letter of apology and a new Ferrari for her and she just might forgive you.

Do people really never tap anyone on the shoulder to get their attention? It's pretty likely that saying something would have had the same reaction. This girl obviously has something he had no way of knowing about. His wording is pretty bad, but what happened was obviously not intentional. You should ask before touching people, but tapping someone on the shoulder is so common you cannot expect nobody to ever do it. And if someone is just sitting doing something they possibly won't hear someone say something as they're not paying attention, so people tap them on the shoulder. And she was in public. Sitting in public someone will probably come up to you for countless reasons. People are being unnecessarily harsh for something that was an accident. It's nobody's fault and could never have been foreseen without prior knowledge.

thank you so much.i could not have put it better myself

Druu 53

That warm feeling you get when urine love, amirite?