By yolonono - 04/12/2014 18:30 - United States - San Francisco

Today, while I was on a field trip with my son, my husband decided to get rid of our dog without asking anyone. Now I get to pick up the pieces of a broken heart, and he thinks he did nothing wrong. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 886
You deserved it 3 014

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow, that's really messed up. Hopefully your kid will get past it and you need to have a talk with your husband..

cmchappy 25

Your husband sounds like a prick

Comments

SheepShoop_fml 20

I suppose your mileage may vary but my dogs are like family to me - usually like siblings or kids. You can't just 'get rid of them.' That's so ****** up. Your husband's a prick.

Quiet_one 22

Wow. If that happened to me, even if I got the dog back with no harm done, I'd still consider it grounds for divorce. That's a break of trust you can't come back from.

You need to punch his sorry ass in the face, then kick him out

If I had the kind of husband that would get rid of my dog, D-I-V-O-R-C-E. I don't know your circumstances, OP. A similar incident between my grandparents led to their separation, but in their case it was her chickens, and he genuinely didn't understand that they were her pets. He would have though, if they'd had a better marriage.

You should get rid of him without asking anyone

If you know where he left the dog, get it back. If not, contact Animal Care Services and put "lost dog" posters in your neighbourhood, especially at grocery stores and gas stations. Finally, find a lawyer and file for divorce, your husband is obviously a psychopath.

What a jerk. Find the dog, if you can. Then divorce the jerk.

No doubt that I would be single if I was with someone who pulled that stunt. You break a child's heart for what reason? Some would do it for their own selfish reason.