By puppylove - 20/10/2012 07:16 - United States

Today, while driving with my puppy in the passenger seat, he jumped out of the window. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 791
You deserved it 28 888

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I hope you stopped the car and went after him.

You deserve it. I don't understand why people think it is okay to open the window big enough for pets to get out. And don't you know how dangerous escaping pet is to other drivers on the road?

Comments

I hope you stopped the car and went after him.

enormouselephant 15

That's one of my biggest fears when driving with my doggies!

This is a story were we want/need to what happened after the fact.

Octain 13

That happened to me with my full grown Boxer... Only he had a leash on him. I had to quickly grab him and pull him up.

alliewillie 22

Why would you have the window open enough for the puppy to hop out while driving?? He's a baby - it's not like he knows better. FYpuppys life. YDI.

That pup better be okay... That's why you don't leave the window rolled down enough for them to jump.

chell1894 13

Yeah I've always had a fear of that because it does happen. I know of someone that their dog jumped out and got hit by a car. I let my window open just so they can get their head out and that's it.

Close the window? Hopefully the puppys gona be okay.

The puppy already jumped out... Closing the window is useless now

54- he was giving advice for future reference.

54 I just thumbed you up cuz you're hot

Octain 13

Well, most dogs enjoy sticking their heads out the window.

Yeah, and lots of dogs like running without leashes, pooping in other people's gardens, and eating whatever they can get their mouths on. But that doesn't mean you let them do it. It's up to pet owners to be responsible, and ensure their pet lives a safe and healthy life. Leaving an unrestrained puppy in the passenger seat of a car with the window rolled down far enough for the dog to jump out of is just ******* stupidity, as far as I'm concerned. F your dog's life, OP. I only hope you aren't this stupid in future.

Yes but puppies? They don't know any better because they are still learning. I have two Siberian husky pups and even I know that! One tried to jump out the window while cruising around San Fransisco. I learned back then puppies can't be trusted. I understand wanting to give your dogs fresh air but that window must have been down a ways for a whole puppy to get out of it. Next time use the AC and skip the window process until he's trained or something! Poor pup! Hope he's okay!

chell1894 13

Everyone keeps saying but puppies don't know better. Either my dogs are just stupid or dogs all together just don't know better.

citymayer 7

You're absolutely right. A vast majority of dogs don't understand the concept of a moving vehicle the way that we do.

Inheritance 10

He saw a hot smoking dog he was interested in. Kudos to him.

Correction, he saw a hot bitch. Because actual female dog term.

Or maybe he saw a hotdog as in the food? Either would be tempting

You deserve it. I don't understand why people think it is okay to open the window big enough for pets to get out. And don't you know how dangerous escaping pet is to other drivers on the road?

HipsterFox 3

No op. not fyl. **** the puppies life :c

I was on the Freeway and someones dog got out. They stopped all three lanes of traffic for 10 minutes, before the dog ran to off the Freeway.

Agreed with Mioko, an incident like that not only puts your pet's life in danger but other drivers' as well. Having said that I know tons of people who drive with the windows low enough for their pets to physically leap out if they wanted to..just seems like most never do. :/

I saw a dog jump off the back of a pick up truck in the freeway. It got hit by a truck shortly after. It is stupid to give your dog or whatever pet enough room or space to leap out of a vehicle.

AngryNinja 1

Agree 6, people like OP make me wanna shove them out the open windows instead

#6 exactly! that's one thing that bothers the hell out of me, as a striving animal behaviorist and/or vet, and an animal lover. if you open the window enough for them to jump out, there is ALWAYS that chance they will jump out. same with if you leave them in the back of a truck. it does not matter how well trained you THINK they are, they still have instincts, and will still jump out of a moving vehicle if they feel the need to. my mom has seen a lot of dogs with road burn and severe injuries during her time working at vet clinics from them jumping out of a moving car. think, people! it's not worth the injury to the dog to let them hang their head out the window. besides, it's actually not good for their ears to let them.

1) That's rule number 1 when you're driving with your dog: Don't roll down the window! 2) A dog, especially a puppy, shouldn't be on the front seat, in case of an accident. I feel really sorry for you OP, and hope your puppy is okay, but common sense would have prevented this situation.

You can roll down the window. I usually do it far enough to where their head can stick out but their body wouldn't fit.

lVluse 15

"V-A-S-E-C-T-O-M-Y. Hmmmm... that doesn't spell "PARK."

HipsterFox 3

Dog: "V-E-T spells park right? :D"

thelinlinx3 10

The thought of it seems hilarious, but I hope nothing horrible happened to your puppy.

You getting hit in traffic seems like a hilarious concept as well, but I'm too pleasant of a person to say something like that.

knick64 7

What! Don't tell me you didn't laugh. I mean yeah it's terrible and it shouldn't be funny but somehow it is.

thelinlinx3 10

122- thanks for understanding. Some people just need to loosen up. When I read this FML, I thought of Jack Black kicking Baxter off the bridge. You know you lol'd.