By parisklutz - 20/10/2012 07:06 - France - Dounoux

Today, it was my first day in Paris. I've been saving up for five years. It was a rainy day, but I was determined to go see the Eiffel Tower. On my way, I fell down a slippery set of stairs and knocked both of my front teeth out. Now, I have the view of the Eiffel Tower from my hospital window. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 493
You deserved it 3 270

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Think of it this way, that's one view of the Eiffel Tower you'll never forget, and you have a story to go along with it. Sorry OP, that's a crappy way to spend your vacation.

Comments

Gotta suck OP, at least you can get nice pearly whites as a replacement.

perdix 29

Seeing that the OP had to save for 5 years to make an approximately 200-mile trip, I doubt she's going to be getting very good replacement teeth.

Except for that universal healthcare system those pesky French have.

perdix 29

#22, ah, yes, I forgot that there are some societies where patients are treated like human beings instead of walking ATMs for plunder by corporate interests.

She probably still won't get very good replacement teeth. You know what they say: "You get what you pay for." I'm not trying to start a debate here, but my parents both lived in Great Britain for some time, my father actually being English. All of their children were born there, actually. They say that Universal Healthcare isn't all it's cracked up to be. It's got some serious drawbacks. Anyway, OP still may not be covered in France since she's not a French resident. Although I'm not sure how that works over there.

well if getting teeth replaced there doesn't work out at least the OP will know what they want for Christmas

37, idk about that, living in Canada our universal healthcare is great, especially In Alberta.

Being Canadian I agree with 52. I got hit by a car Tuesday and I was seen almost immediately at the hospital, the doctor knew exactly what he was doing, and I'm now on great painkillers paid for by the government because I make less than a certain amount per month. It's nice knowing I won't be in debt for years because of an accident.

TheDrifter 23

As a fellow Albertan, I can say it wouldn't help in this situation. Dental isn't covered. Blue cross only costs me $30 a month though.

You've saved for 5 years to go to a place which is only 350 kms away from your home ? you will probably need several lifetimes to save for your new teeth now...

The girl who posted the FML is French and lives only 350 kms away from Paris (3 hours by car)... France is a very small country and I am still amazed to meet French people who have never been to Paris...

#70 France is not a very small country. I'm french and I don't feel like going to Paris just for the sake of it. There is nothing really interesting for me there.

Well if you've lived in Australia, India, or even Canada.... you will feel that France is just tiny...

Think of it this way, that's one view of the Eiffel Tower you'll never forget, and you have a story to go along with it. Sorry OP, that's a crappy way to spend your vacation.

Atleast now you can say you saved money for a rainy day

I wish their where hospitals in the U.S that had that nice of a view!

Udderboy, at 17 years old, don't you think you should know the difference between "there" and "their"? And between "where" and "were"? If not, you should be embarrassed.

#35 Well, we know his age, but not his nationality...

#35 Well, we know his age, but not his nationality...

528Alice491 3

At least Christmas is right around the corner. "ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS MY TWO FRONT TEETH!" Seriously though, that really sucks, and I'm sorry you have to spend your vacation in pain.

If her family is anything like mine, she will be harassed with that song until new years... Fyl OP.

My front tooth was knocked out by a golf club a few years ago, and I can assure you that I now hate that song. Every year people make that joke, and it gets old quick.

Oh non! Vous avez cassé vos dents! My level 4 French is finally paying off.

Years of training have prepared you for this moment

Hey not bad. Really. This is something you'll always remember. What better place for this to happen than the Eiffel Tower :)

Didn't even make it there. Seeing it from her hospital window. BUT! She saved up for Paris, so her determination will allow her to be at the Tower.

Think of it this way, at least you get a view! People these days, so ungrateful!