By FuglyBetty - 24/02/2016 22:48 - Norway - Arendal

Today, while doing the grocery shopping with my boyfriend we came across another woman also out shopping, who looked shockingly like me despite her being another race, hair color and the like. The second he saw her, he blurted out, ''Oh, it's a pretty version of you!'' FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 062
You deserved it 1 717

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Aw OP don't be disgruntled, I'm sure there's a prettier version of him out there somewhere.

What a hurtful thing to say. I'm sure he didn't mean what he was implying but, shit, man, think before you speak!

Comments

young_stud 14

this is the epitome of first world problems

ThreeSheets 14

I would rather hear him say that then say "hey, that's a "different ethnicity " version of you" and sound like a prejudice ass. Just saying.

Yeah, no, noticing the obvious fact that someone is from a different ethnicity does NOT mean one is prejudiced against them. But assuming it does, does in fact make you sound like a prejudiced ass.

So, she's pretty. Does that mean you can't be, too, or vice versa?

Note OP he said pretty version of you, he did not say you were ugly and if fact could easily have meant it in a detrimental way to the other lady. i.e she's pretty but you're gorgeous or similar. From your username I get that you automatically assumed that there can only be one pretty you and therefore he must be calling you ugly, which is not necessarily true.

Next time you pass by a dumpster, say the same thing to him

BloodyGlass 10

"Oh look, you're now single!" :D

Savage! But damn, my boyfriend is like that, no filter whatsoever. Hopefully he didn't really mean what he said and what he meant just came out wrong.