Tinder surprised

By NatchezParadox - 09/10/2019 18:00

Today, I watched as my Tinder date arrived at the coffee shop and mistook another woman for me. He never realized she was the wrong girl, and they spent the entire date together before leaving. The only similarity between me and the other woman was our hair. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 941
You deserved it 623

Same thing different taste

Top comments

And you didn't say anything? You realise, don't you, that this is Tinder where people take one look at a pic to either accept or reject?

And you just sat there and watched it happen? You could have played it innocent and messaged him asking where he was to avoid an awkward face to face if that was your concern. Tinder doesn't exactly involve an in depth study of the person you match with so I'd say YDI for not identifying yourself or at least intervening once you realised the mix up.

Comments

And you didn't say anything? You realise, don't you, that this is Tinder where people take one look at a pic to either accept or reject?

Kavka 15

I should also add that I didn’t say anything out of politeness, they were talking the entire time and I don’t interrupt. they didn’t post the version where I added that

julfunky 29

It’s not polite to let him think this other girl is you.

You must have had more in common than just your hair. Even if the dude was a full-on Mr. Magoo, he would have mentioned your name at least once, so you probably share that, too. And if his eyesight wasn't that bad, he would have noticed the color of your eyes, your complexion, your voice if you ever spoke over the phone... or maybe he saw you, decided she was more appealing to his personal taste (not knocking you, but we are all different), and was just as much of a coward as you were to say anything. For her part, if you don't share a name, she was probably lonely. Or horny. Or both.

Why didn't you introduce yourself to him? You shouldn't lose out on a relationship you invested so heavily in.

And you just sat there and watched it happen? You could have played it innocent and messaged him asking where he was to avoid an awkward face to face if that was your concern. Tinder doesn't exactly involve an in depth study of the person you match with so I'd say YDI for not identifying yourself or at least intervening once you realised the mix up.

Weirdly enough, I had my first date with my husband in Natchez, MS. Wasn’t from Tinder, though and was 6 yrs ago