By reject - 21/01/2011 23:02 - United Kingdom

Today, when taking a group picture with my closest friends, a passing parent congratulated us on getting into the same university for next year. She's wrong. They're all going to Cambridge, except for me. I was rejected. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 064
You deserved it 5 924

Same thing different taste

Top comments

perdix 29

It's no disgrace to be rejected from Cambridge, that is, if you are talking about the world-class university. If you are talking about the Cambridge School of Dental Floss Recycling, then, yeah, FYL you are an idiot.

That sucks. But it's also an opportunity to make new friends. And if you really want to you can keep in touch with your current friends. It'll take some effort, but it's possible. As for Cambridge; I don't know why you got rejected, but if your grades weren't good enough then well.. it's not for everybody.

Comments

perdix 29

It's no disgrace to be rejected from Cambridge, that is, if you are talking about the world-class university. If you are talking about the Cambridge School of Dental Floss Recycling, then, yeah, FYL you are an idiot.

Exactly. Cambridge is one of the top universities in the world. There are a LOT of people that don't get in. This is like an American saying their life is ****** because they didn't get accepted to Harvard or Yale.

Rejected rejected, you just got rejected.. R-E.. J-E.. C-T-E-D rejected :)

The fact you even had the confidence to apply to Cambridge means you're a lot smarter than the average student aspiring for uni ya know. Anyway it is in a way a good thing - those friends could easily stick together constantly and be all introverted, where you'll have to branch out wherever you end up going and meet some really cool people. For both of my top 2 choices a close friend of mine is gunning for a different uni in that town, so I'll have one person close to home to go out for drinks with and stuff but I'm kinda glad I'll have to expand my world and be a bit more extroverted.

mintcar 9

My cousin went to Cambridge, it's a really greeeeaaaaat school. Er...um... I mean I'm sorry. College changes people. After a couple of years, you guys won't be as close as you are now. -_-

KVKdragon 26

this FML sorta makes me fear for all the college decisions that I'm still waiting to hear about.

Wowxoxo 17
fthku 13

YDI for hanging with a group of people all going to Cambridge.

My best friends sister is at Cambridge and her brother is going at the start of next year, and I won't be surprised if she gets in too. There is nothing at all wrong with people going to Cambridge

So hide yo kids, hide yo wife, hide yo kids, hide yo wife and hide yo husbands...

Oh boo hoo, you got rejected from a very prestigious university. Apply to others, there are other four year programs