Respect

By AvocadoPurse - 31/12/2018 16:00

Today, my mother-in-law took a phone message on the back of my marriage license. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 774
You deserved it 290

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why was your marriage license just laying around.

Boyufd 24

I don't get it can someone explain

Comments

Why was your marriage license just laying around.

tounces7 27

It was probably mounted on the wall, but OPs mother is such a piece of shit, and doesn't respect her marriage, that she took it down and out of the frame just to write on it.

Boyufd 24

I don't get it can someone explain

She physically wrote a phone message on the back of the OPs marriage license.

I think it mean his mother in law wrote on the back of the paper so she would remember

GUYMAINE 16

do that shit right back 10x worse.

Get your own house and leave her ass behind!

fkul 2

Time to invest in a lock box, preferably a good, fireproof one. It'll also help with other household pests, such as kids and pets. Maybe visit a dollar store and pick up a pack of sticky notes to leave near the phone. Also, change the locks so mother-in-law can't get into the house so easily, or lock her in her cage before you leave for work. Remember, getting older means learning to stay ahead of problems, especially seemingly unlikely ones such as this one. Oh, and you can get a replacement "original" from your local government office, if the message is too personal to share with someone at a later date. Most people would probably just laugh, and take your story as more evidence that the license is authentic.

If something written on the back of that paper is bummer, you got married for the wrong reasons.