By Non-active - 25/09/2009 18:22 - United States

Today, we got our progress reports. My physics teacher wrote that I don't participate in class. My mom got mad and grounded me before I could tell her that I raise my hand in class all the time but my teacher won't call on me cause he can't pronounce my name. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 288
You deserved it 3 262

Same thing different taste

Top comments

CaymanIslands546 0

ummmm one word... PROTEST. tell your principal shes full of crap.

Comments

....The hell is your name? La-ia (pronounced Ladashia)?

wow... me and my roomie just had a an hour long conversation about La-ia and all those really stupid names. small world

A hillbilly's kid started kindergarten and the kid said his name was Gooey. The teacher asked his real name and he insisted it was Gooey. The mom confirmed he was pronouncing it correctly. The teacher asked the spelling. It was G-U-Y. She said she saw it in a book and liked it.

crazy crazy people who make up their own pronunciation for their kids names...

embarrassedsis 0

omg it is a small world. theres a girl in my dorm named La-a. a variation i guess. & i just wrote about that before i read your comment.

lol I sympathize completely. Being of foreign background, my teachers would mispronounce my name entirely, so most of the time I let them use an English name I picked out so that they don't have to deal with it.

capthavoc123 0

......So, in all of the time you've been in the class, you never thought of telling him how it was pronounced?

Some people are just dense. I had a manager who mispronounced my name no matter how many times I subtly corrected him. Nowadays, I'm not so subtle.

wowwxurcool 0

Same thing happened to me last year :/

We would all very much love to know what name you have.

If you're old enough to be in a physics class, you're old enough to resist a parent trying to ground you over stupid bullshit. YDI for respecting your parents too much.

LukeKarr22 0

So, what is your name anyways? I don't know many people who have difficult names to say...