By Non-active - 25/09/2009 18:22 - United States

Today, we got our progress reports. My physics teacher wrote that I don't participate in class. My mom got mad and grounded me before I could tell her that I raise my hand in class all the time but my teacher won't call on me cause he can't pronounce my name. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 288
You deserved it 3 262

Same thing different taste

Top comments

CaymanIslands546 0

ummmm one word... PROTEST. tell your principal shes full of crap.

Comments

Why don't they let you use usernames in class?

satanstoystore 0

so grounding you renders you mute? or prevents you frow being able to write?

Dogman332 0

#30, does that mean laugh my ******* ass off off off?

hahaha that reminds me of these 2 sisters i know...one is sade (pronounced sharday) and the other is sinead (pronounced shanade) lmao

Stupid thing to get grounded over. If you get the grades, so what? Oh, and he's not ignoring you because he can't say your name. It's because you're a woman, technically females shouldn't be allowed to get an education.

LeCielNousAide 7

and why shouldn't females be allowed to get an education? that's a bit sexist...we're just as capable as men of getting an education...anyway...I sympathize with the OP. NOBODY pronounces my last name right, even though it sounds EXACTLY how it's spelled. people always pronounce the end like this: -ggerio. it's spelled -ggiero, pronounced like -ggero. I don't know why that's so hard. I always vowed to myself that when I get married I'd take the guy's name...my current bf's last name is Smith. lol. but he doesn't want to keep his last name -.- to the OP: FYL and come up with another name for him to call you.

Ah, ogloc, I was wondering when you'd come around with your sexism and your misogynistic views. You're still not funny.

What's your name? Tarquin Fin-tim-lin-bin-whin-bim-lim-bus-stop-F'tang-F'tang-Olé-Biscuitbarrel?

LOL. I'm glad my name is simple. Everyone knows how to pronounce it, but it isn't way overdone like "Ashley".

Mine's a stupid Welsh name, my parents were so concerned with being "cultural".

Don't worry, mine's Gaelic. It's probably worse :(

Welsh name hmmm? Join the club. Though I love my name because I don't know anyone else with it. =) It gives teachers a hard time when they look at it the first time, but if they were smart, they'd break it into 2 parts. The beginning 2 letters, followed by the male version of my name.

Oh really? Glad I'm not alone! :] Come to Wales, somehow teachers automatically can pronounce any Welsh name, as long as it's not made up out of the blue. :D

/wonders pixie and Witchcraft's names. . .

XD Mine's Hafwen. :o Your comment has me wondering yours now!

Mine, Witchcraft? It's Savannah. :) And that's an awesome name. I'm jealous now. *Pout*

Thanks! :] And yours is pretty, makes me think of an open field or something. :]

fiesty pixie, Let me guess. Welsh name. First two letters. Male version? Is it Llllewellyn? PM me yours and I'll show you mine.

If you show me yours, I'll show you mine ;) Whoa, where's your penis?

LOLOLOL. Okay... Wait, actually.. I pass. D:

I think of a beautiful city or one of my friends when I hear Savannah. I live close to the city, so I guess it makes sense for me to associate the name with that.

Andrzej 0

Happens to me all the time, except the teachers tend to mark me absent more often. I've only heard maybe 20 people pronounce my name correctly in the last 3 years.

I used to know a kid named LeGuyMcAlowouya. No, just kidding!