By achoooo - 07/11/2009 05:34 - United States

Today, to celebrate moving into a new apartment, my girlfriend decided she would get a kitten. She didn't know I'm allergic to cats. When I told her, she decided that she couldn't date someone who couldn't be around her cat; the one she doesn't have yet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 426
You deserved it 3 011

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I hope her name is on the lease and not yours, that way you can bail. If you still have to live together after breaking up, that sucks dude. Though cats are awesome. Also, first. I've never been first before. It's nice.

You didn't say that it was a new appartment the two of you got together - I hope for your sake it's not. And I have to assume those of you who agree with the girlfriend's choice have never actually been in love with a human being. Don't get me wrong, I'd never abandon my cat for my girlfriend, but I wouldn't abandon my girlfriend for my cat either. I would find a way to arrange my life that allows for both of them. If he had told her "it's me or the cat" that would be different- I'm assuming he didn't say that because people on FML don't seem to be shy about that sort of thing. I've seen "Today, I told my [significant other] that either [pet / car / roommate / other] goes or I go. They chose the [pet / car / roommate / other]. FML" a couple of times.

Comments

obviously .she wanted to dump you ,and got out of the relationship . maybe allergic this time ..next will be blablabla.....

DJLO 0

what a cvnt. cats arent even cool

sayheyyybabe 0

Cats are freaking awesome! Cats are amazing. My cat follows me everywhere and I have a mind connection with my two cats. No, I'm not in special ed, either. I just love my cat -- and while I was typing this comment she jumped on my lap :) Today is our two month cativersary.

jessicam510 0
double_rainbow_o 0

wow you lost your source of pussy over a pussy

It sucks for you, but shit happens, get over it.

darlingdollie 24
threeminutesfrom 0

I bet she knew and did it on purpose

Hopefully the apartment is in your name so you can just kick her out. its not your fault so why lose your new apartment too?

That stinks, but at least you can now look for someone with more common interests for you