By singlelady - 26/01/2016 22:24 - United Kingdom - Southampton

Today, to avoid disappointing my excited great grandmother, I still attended a small family dinner to celebrate my engagement. My fiancé and I split last night, I haven't slept and had to tell her he was caught up at work. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 923
You deserved it 2 139

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow, it's obvious how much she means to you; that must have been excruciating! I'm sure she would have understood, but what's done is done. Hang in there!

snarkytruth 37

She has seen and experienced so much in her life she probably has a great perspective on the situation. Confide in her. Elders aren't as fragile as we tend to think. She might enjoy talking about love and it's complications. Let her try to cheer you up instead of being hurt more having to pretend for her. Might even learn some surprising things about her.

Comments

corky1992 33

I'm sure she'd be more disappointed with him and not you. I'm truly sorry though. Hope you and him can work it out and if not I'm sure your great grandma will be there for you. Hang in there.

rupertajm90 15

Aww sorry op, things will get better. You can always tell your parents and have them explain to ppl that you need time before you talk about what happened. Somethings happen for a reason!!

hipposteve 21

single strong lady! they'll know when the time comes. heal, life is always moving forward.

Lying will only make it worse- especially on something as big as an engagement.