What's my name?

By Laura - 22/09/2019 12:00 - Paraguay

Today, as they have for the past three years, my boyfriend's parents have never called me by my actual name. They always "accidentally" call me by my boyfriend's ex's name. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 817
You deserved it 134

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just "accidentally" call them by the names of historical villains. Try Adolf and Jezebel, or think up your own.

Your boyfriend's a pansy. If my parents disrespected my girl that way, whenever we visited, the first time one of them used the wrong name, we'd leave. If I were there by myself, and the did the same thing, I'd leave. They'd soon learn that if they want me to visit, they have to learn my current girl's name.

Comments

To play devil's advocate, how old are they? Can you tell its purposeful or just old age? Are your names similar? Sounds like b/f needs to talk to his folks if its deliberate. How old are you both?

I thought about this also but If it were old age it would be hard for them to consistently get her name wrong, unless of course neither she or her boyfriend corrects them. If the latter happens his parents could think it actually is her real name, and they (bf\gf) only have themselves to blame. If it were me, it never would have reached even the one year mark let alone three years! I would have went off my nut! I would have, before going off my nut and WAY before 3 years had passed also, sat them down and clarified and asked (if it was on purpose) their reasoning. If they wouldn't do so with me, then I would have asked my bf to do so.

Yeah I definitely would be pissed that b/f hadn't corrected them if they are doing it on purpose. Very rude of them.

Just "accidentally" call them by the names of historical villains. Try Adolf and Jezebel, or think up your own.

Come on, we can do better than Jezebel. Call them Benito and Claretta.

I was just spitballing names to start the brainstorming. The swarm can come up with more.

Your boyfriend's a pansy. If my parents disrespected my girl that way, whenever we visited, the first time one of them used the wrong name, we'd leave. If I were there by myself, and the did the same thing, I'd leave. They'd soon learn that if they want me to visit, they have to learn my current girl's name.

I have a friend whose wife's name is Ann. His girlfriend just before her was also named Ann. While they were dating, some of us took to calling them Ann 1 and Ann 2. She hated it. That stopped when they got married.

tash901 31

Plot twist you're both called Laura

is it really an accident or did they do that intentionally look outside the box and pay attention on how they treat you or bad mouth you even if it is not front of maybe you eavsdropped what they have said about you