By WhoNose - 6/11/2016 23:52
Today, the smoke detector in my bedroom malfunctioned and started going off while my cat was asleep on my shoulder. He panicked and deeply lacerated my nose with his claw as he ran off. Blood got everywhere, and to add insult to injury the unit has no removable battery and wouldn't turn off. FML
Add a comment
You must be logged in to be able to post comments!
Create my account Sign in
Top comments
COMMENTS
By  redcode5  |  17

Get a Hammer and break it, then go can buy a better one with a removable battery. There are some good ones that are like 20-30 bucks.

By  ChristinePi  |  36

If it's going off for no reason that's means the battery is dying most likely. I had that happen to me a couple years ago. It was 11PM and I lived in a place with high ceilings. Luckily I lived above a deli who used their ladder to take out the battery so it wouldn't go off all night.

By  kozuu  |  7

I had one of those once, the trick to shutting it off is to gently place it on the ground and then stomp it until it looks like someone murdered a small robot.

By  vegantreegirl  |  26

I feel your pain. One time a snake got in the house and my cat was trying to inspect it, but was freaked by it. I ran to pick her up, because I wasn't sure if it was venomous. When I picked her up she thought she was being attacked from behind and freaked out and scratched me up. She's normally very mellow and sweet.