By triple l - 15/10/2012 08:33 - United States

Today, the police searched my house because my neighbors thought we were aiming a gun with laser sight at them. We were only getting our daft dog to chase a laser light around; we don't even own any guns. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 802
You deserved it 2 714

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Excessively paranoid neighbours, never a good thing.

sandinthewaves 5

Lol, those people watch too much tv.

Comments

mintcar 9

Uh, yeah about last night...sorry about that. We really did think you were going to assassinate us with a laser pointer.

My dog loves his laser toy too. His is a green light though so hopefully I won't have any paranoid neighbor incidents.

Krajjan 9

Actually, green targeting reference lasers are far brighter and do not refract as easily over longer distances. I recommend them.

olpally 32

That's intense... Glad you didn't get arrested op... Your neighbors are a bit paranoid.

olpally 32

And by "a bit" I mean "extremely" paranoid! Lol...

It makes you wonder why they are so paranoid.

As a police officer it is an offense to shine a laser at a police officer or anywhere in the same general area ...obviously your neighbors are not police (I think) so I'm sure it was the only lame excuse to come up with !

Also side note ...if it was reported that you had a weapon with a laser it wld be taken seriously given what that entails...but like I said dick neighbors !!!!

#21, Thank you for serving your community as a police officer. I've had a gun on me once; another time a laser crossed my back in public. ******* scary. If I didn't know the neighbors, I'd have called the police to let the pros check it out.

#53, (continued) And if the dog toy was explained to me, I'd visit the neighbors with an apology and explanation, plus dog treats and a plate of brownies.

So now an every day laser pointer, that is LEGAL to purchase, and sold at many establishments, are grounds enough for a police officer to ask to search a house? I don't think so. Like I said above, a cop comes to me and asks to search my house based on that, I tell him to go get a warrant then he can search and I then will shut my door and immediately place a call to a lawyer, so that I can get ALL INFO on the basis of what they manage to get the warrant on.

skyeyez9 24

One of my dogs can't see the red laser. But shine a green one and she chases it.

BruinsChick19 0

You do realize dogs don't see color at all right?

31-Bullshit. Dogs have 20% of the photoreceptor cells that humans do, which means they CAN see in color, just not as much. Do your ******* research.

skyeyez9 24

Dogs can see some colors, It is proven.

kaptvesou1 4

Your fault for not asking for a warrant.

That sucks OP. I don't know about anyone else, but I don't keep a gun with a laser sight in the house. That's overkill.