By Anonymous - 01/07/2016 16:23 - Sweden - Alingsås

Today, the paternity test came back. It's like I suspected all along; my "son" is actually my half-brother. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 407
You deserved it 1 858

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That is all kinds of ****** up.. And that poor kid will have to live with that :/

That's screwed up! Hopefully it doesn't affect your relationship with your son!

Comments

Am I the only one who noticed that OP selected female as their gender? All kinds of messed up.

Take your son and mom. Leave your wife and file divorce papers (hopefully you get custody). Find a new women. Never talk to your dad again.

Why would he take a kid that isn't his? Not his kid not his problem. He obviously didn't think the kid was his since he had a paternity test done and already suspected that the kid was actually his fathers. Seems pretty logical to then assume that he was only using the term son as that is what his gf or wife was trying to convince him of. Seriously way to many comments here making it sound like this guy should care about and take this kid that isn't his. Now I am willing to change that if OP adds more to this saying how he had been raising this kid for years or something but I have a feeling this is a recent pregnancy and he was suspecting it during the pregnancy.

On the bright side, he's not your son and your half brother. On a more serious note I have to say that your father is taking being a shit to his children to an entirely new level. The poor child's mother isn't much a of a human being either. OP I wish you a better life in the future.

Leave that woman never speak to your dad and make his public ... Personally I'd ease the kid into his new role as brother but to be honest I don't think I'd even want anything to do with him either... Not because of him per say but the idea of how he came to be would just piss me off to much

incoherentrmblr 21

"My mother's my sister." - pedestrian in GTA3.

"Father of the Year" award goes to... OP's dad. Sorry OP, that sucks!

I don't understand any of this... how do you unknowingly raise your brother as your son?

First off nothing in the FML says he raised the kid. Second it's not that hard to figure out if you actually think about it a little.