By Anonymous - 20/02/2013 07:31 - United States

Today, the guy I like asked me out for the first time. It's a good thing he did it over Facebook, because I started shaking and almost threw up. I don't know how I'm going to function on our date next week. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 389
You deserved it 8 120

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If you can resist the puking, I think the vibrations will be beneficial for other 'activities'

Don't make the mistake another OP made and get shit-faced drunk to "calm your nerves". Take deep breaths, practice conversation with yourself if it helps. Talk to friends, family, etc. about it if they have experience. If all else fails, do some breathing and yoga exercises before the date. It helps calm you down pretty well. Good luck.

Comments

crackmore278 13

Don't worry, he'll probably be nervous about it too. First dates can be incredibly awkward, but can also be incredibly fun. I'm sure you'll feel better as you warm up to him and him to you! Good luck OP!

Relax. You're soon to realize that he's not perfect and just another flawed human like the rest of us. If you need to be disabused of that notion, just mosey on into the bathroom after he's taken a crap and take a good whiff. You might start shaking and feel like throwing up, but it will be for different reasons.

Aww congrats! Good luck OP! Make sure you take deep, calming breaths. If you're old enough to drink, maybe have something small to calm your nerves. You'll do fine! :)

jem970 19

Like another OP that got completely wasted when she had a few drinks to "calm her nerves"? I think this OP should stick to deep breathing and drinking water.

There's nothing wrong with having a little drink as long as you use self control! A glass of wine usually does it for me. Relaxing while still keeping it classy :)

I swear a quick glass of wine stops my nerves. For me it's the difference between me either being a blonde-mess or an intelligent woman with nerves of steel...

perdix 29

Get totally baked! I've never actually tried marijuana, but I know people who think it's great for partying. Good luck and don't get busted!

zombieslayer83 19

I prefer Xanax myself. Ahhh, confidence in pill form.

perdix 29

That's some good info. Once I get past the hurdle of "hello," I'm actually pretty cool. How fast does this Xanax work? So, if I see a girl I like and slam one, how long do I have to follow her around until I get the drug-induced balls to say "hi?"

On Xanax you'll probably just fall asleep before you get the confidence to talk to the girl.

Definitely go on your date either high or tipsy so your not so nervous. Just make sure if you smoke that your eyes are not blazing red like the devils dick.

perdix 29

I was told that lots of eye drops can help. Also, you should probably ********** vigorously before your date. It worked great for Ben Stiller in "There's Something About Mary."

I actually find it cute that a girl is nervous around me!.. Usually it's the other way around. He may feel the same way.

Oh wow! You like this guy that much? He must be like ridiculously hot.

jem970 19

Because she can't just like him for his personality. Nope she is just a shallow woman who looks at a man like he's a piece of meat

But then again, if they knew each other well enough for her to like his personality, he would probably not have asked her out via facebook.

Are you serious? How does her thinking he is hot make her shallow??

Why is everyone suggesting to get drunk or high? I'm sure that he doesn't want to hang out with someone who looks like they have an addiction problem... Relax, he's just another human the same as you are, and probably a little nervous himself. Just go, have fun, and try not to put too much pressure on yourself.

Don't worry, it's only Perdix suggesting that.

shutupAnderson 7

I'm sure he'll be nervous too since he asked you out. Good luck OP! :)