By Me - 05/01/2010 07:16 - France

Today, I was rejected for a job I really wanted, they said I didn't have enough experience. I designed the systems they are implementing. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 793
You deserved it 2 072

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You built the system, right? So create a virus and crash it, it'll cost them tons!

go somewhere else that uses the same system. and thank you ^ for not sayin first.

Comments

You built the system, right? So create a virus and crash it, it'll cost them tons!

Reyo 2

For the future, don't give any company you're hoping to work for anything untill you're ona contract. You can show it to them untill you're blue in the face, but never hand anything over untill you're on a payroll. It's also best to have 3 or 4 companies looking at your design. That way, they can't pull the "Fine, we'll just hire someone else to do it" bit.

go somewhere else that uses the same system. and thank you ^ for not sayin first.

Great idea! but next time you should copy-write your system!

i guess you don't need the job then anyway. thanks.

dangletsbang21 0

So it isn't your lack of skill... BO? Breath? Looks?

Flutist 3

Looks shouldn't matter. He CREATED the system, they should PAY him for it. He could be the Hunchback for all it matters. While some people are shallow, it shouldn't matter.

I'm sure there must be some legal action you can take...

What the ****?!? No, even in France, there's no legal action, generally speaking, to be taken when you get turned down for a job. You don't have a ******* right to whatever job you decide you'd like. OP: when the government makes it more difficult to fire a bad employee on the back end, employers hire fewer people on the front end, and subject those they do hire to stricter criteria. My guess is you're a victim of France's "job-protection" regime, even after Sarkozy's easing of the same.

That depends. The reason the OP was turned down in favor of someone else might not be legal, which would explain the obviously fake reason OP was told.

He means for taking the software without payment -_-

There's no indication they took anything without payment. Vanita - possible, but unlikely. More likely is that he actually didn't have the experience they were looking for. Regardless, it would require a lot more of a showing than can even remotely be inferred from the OP.

did you build a back door for yourself in the system (assuming it's software)? if so, you know what to do ;-)