By harrington61 - 19/05/2013 21:27 - United States - Midland

Today, the extremely uncooperative client whom I'm trying to defend in court sent me a letter in which he threatened to sue me, because charging him for my services supposedly violates his "constipational rights". FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 297
You deserved it 3 919

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wizardo 33

The only thing constipated here is his bloody brain, drop him and the case.

Comments

the bill was so high it blocked him up! ^_~

laya_fml 26

As their lawyer you should advise them to take a laxative

Amaraaaaaa 8

Well ain't that a load of shit

olpally 32

Oh god... Sounds like a Walmart customer to me. Lol. Can't believe people are this stupid.

LazyDaisy42 4

What does Walmart have to do with someone's education / intelligence? I'm working on my masters degree and I still shop at Walmart.

I work at a retail store slightly competitive to Walmart... And if I had 1$ for every question that someone had who decided to interrupt me pulling a 1000lb pallet just for the answer that yes it's less than 10 feet from you, why did u waste my gd time and energy, then I could have retired at the age of 40. I can see where the Walmart comment came from. Some people are idiots.

Hey, be fair. Supermarkets are confusing! (in all fairness though, it can be hard finding what you want. there are so many things and only one of them is what you're looking for, you might just miss it if you don't know exactly where it is.)

#103 I'm from Ireland but from what I gather, Walmart has a lot of stupid customers. I work in retail too. I'm not generalising all customers but there are so many stupid ones that completely outweigh the smart ones.

Let him sue you. I doubt he'd find a lawyer to defend his case...

Or better yet, offer to take that case yourself for free just because of how ridiculous that would be.

Lets just say that the op wins the second case in court. Does he actually win or lose?

seniorchang 16

Were your bowels filled with compassion for his malady or did you find his story unmoving?

phoenix4490 5

Obviously the vast majority of people don't understand the legal and ethical obligations you have to your clients as an attorney. That being said, from one lawyer to another, I'm sincerely sorry that you're going to have to represent this moron, and hope that this case gets resolved as quickly as possible.

1PersonIsMyWorld 22

My dear, I believe you are not a good lawyer, if you are a lawyer. Every lawyer can ask the Court to waive his/her responsibility to represent a client if there is a good reason for it. I would submmit my writing together with the copy of that letter. A client threatening to sue you, is a honest and fair reason to stop representing him/her. And the lawyer can, also, ask the court to order the payment for the work already done, if any.

Well, some people really like their right to be constipated OP.

This is what happens when ppl pull shit out of their ass and try to defend their right to being so criminally stupid...

ManicGypsy 22

What a shitty thing for him to do.

I don't think he is very shitty at the moment.