By Katyness - 10/05/2016 20:20 - United Kingdom

Today, the canteen of the company I work for introduced a cash-less payment method to purchase food. To use it, employees must download the app, which is only available for iPhones. I have a BlackBerry. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 004
You deserved it 3 315

Same thing different taste

Top comments

MetalxSoldier 26

If you get hungry you could always eat your blackberry. *waits for downvotes*

As a developer, I find this so annoying just because whenever something is launched - multiple platforms are always considered, especially if it's going live instantly. I completely get testing with one platform. But having working system that targets only specific users.. Really careless.

Comments

Mathalamus 24

i can understand why they did it. there's only one platform for apple. iOS. with android, well, they have to develop it for pretty much every android phone in existence. as well as some custom made android OS's. with apple, all they need to do is develop it for iOS 7 and above. then its done.

Also the majority of America either use an Android or an iPhone

who the hell has a blackberry?!? they still make those?!?

I was wondering why no one had asked this yet!!!

Sorry #12 and #13 but #9 has already asked that...

It matters because in 2016 the number of people still using blackberry are so small that it makes very little sense for a developer to take the time to target that platform.

Did it happen to occur to you or any of the other jackasses making the "blackberry is outdated" comments that not everyone can afford to have the latest or most popular phones? Some people don't even get the name-brand models and have to use prepaid ones. Not everyone is privileged enough to live in up-to-date heaven.

And for that matter, not everyone WANTS to. Hell, I kept my iPhone 4 long after the 6S had come out because I liked it and didn't feel like switching yet.

that's the problem with today's throw away society

First world problems much? Oh the humanity!!!!!

I have the same problem with my windows phone. They decided at my job to not email my working schedule anymore and to show it only in the app

so if the app is down you automatically get day off LOL

Kristoffer 35

I don't understand why they wouldn't develop a Windows app. It's a huge platform because those apps can also run on Windows 8/10 PCs. I mean, I know that it's not common to develop for that platform, but I don't know why.

Cause its hard to develop in windows phone you need a whole new set of classes and stuff. Though in android you can copy it from libraries.

tabypatchkid 11

my last job did something like this. they made us clock in on our phones but I didnt have a smartphone. and somehow it was my fault for not being able to afford a smartphone.

The part "I have a BlackBerry" is enough to qualify as a FML.

My school brought in cashfree payments, but you paid with a fingerprint scanner. I'm just hoping they passed the fingerprints to the police so they have them on record, half of the kids in my school would end up committing crime at some point.

Blackberrys can run Android apps. So just having an Android app would have been enough.