By decenthumanbeing - 14/07/2016 13:13

Today, I entered a restaurant just to use the WiFi. In order not to look cheap, I ordered a meal and a beverage. The WiFi didn't work and now I don't have enough money to buy dinner. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 956
You deserved it 12 764

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why would you order a meal if you don't have enough money? They usually have the prices next to everything, no offense but you deserve that one. Also, future reference McDonald's(like someone else said) has free Wi-Fi plus cheap food and Starbucks. You could also go walk around Walmart since they also have free Wi-Fi and you don't have to spend money :)

Places like McDonald's have free wifi and I doubt they'd care if you didn't buy anything and used their wifi? Or if they did you could just buy a small drink so they can't complain.

Comments

Places like McDonald's have free wifi and I doubt they'd care if you didn't buy anything and used their wifi? Or if they did you could just buy a small drink so they can't complain.

Why would you order a meal if you don't have enough money? They usually have the prices next to everything, no offense but you deserve that one. Also, future reference McDonald's(like someone else said) has free Wi-Fi plus cheap food and Starbucks. You could also go walk around Walmart since they also have free Wi-Fi and you don't have to spend money :)

I am assuming OP had the money, but needed to transfer it to another account before they could use it. And if the wifi had worked, it wouldn't have been a problem.

I guess I just read it as this being lunch/a snack and OP wanted to get dinner later. Still kinda dumb, though.

I guess your staying to do the dishes.

Ahhh. That harkens back to a simpler time, when a shopkeep would pay you a few bucks to sweep his front stoop and give you a sandwich. Now, the IRS demands a cut of any penny earned and will spend ten thousand dollars to collect two dollars in taxes.

You got what you paid for, how unfortunate!

How would you have been able to pay for it if you'd have been able to get wifi?

#6 I'm thinking something like transferring funds from a savings account to a checking account

MallowMistress 13

Cards will generally auto transfer in that case. At least if you have overdraft protection. It will pull the extra funds needed from savings, and then charge a small fee for the process.

I read the fml as ' after paying for my drink and my snack in order to use the wifi, I can no longer afford to buy something larger for my dinner' rather than 'without the wifi I am unable to pay for the food I've ordered'. Don't know if that makes more sense to you?

There are so many better places you could have gone for free WiFi that aren't so expensive you couldn't afford it. Even some places are free! This whole situation could have been avoided.

aleksmart 3

Some cities have free outdoors wifi.

Very very few cities have that. Only some major cities have them, and only in certain areas. It's usually pretty choppy anyways

You know you probably could've stood outside the restaurant and still gotten the WiFi...

Dude there's Dunkin Donuts and you could get a bagel/muffin which are both in the dollar area.