By HotelClerk - 22/01/2010 06:37 - United States

Today, somebody stopped by the front desk at the hotel I work at to report a vehicle had its headlights on. I wrote down the info, including the plate. Hours later, after my shift was over, I finally realized that it was MY vehicle. The battery was dead. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 112
You deserved it 42 475

Same thing different taste

Top comments

you definately deserved it for not knowing the details of your own car.

don't you know your own car plate number? o.O

Comments

MinaXmassacre 0

Nevermind the plate, how do you not know what your car looks like and it's make?

YoungE 0

learning your plate number is the most impprtant thing YDI for being that stupid

Your headlights were on while you were at work? Maybe it's time to buy a thicker bra.

Clearsky18 2

What I want to know is, how does somebody FORGET to turn off their lights? It's never happened to me. Cars usually makes a noise if you forget, so yeah...very stupid.

Mine doesn't, and it quite sucks. But I have a battery charger just in case. Anyways, YDI. How the hell does one not know their car?

Mine actually chooses whether or not it's going to make a sound. Also, if youre driving at dawn and the sun is up by the time you get to work, you don't notice. I've had it happen a few times, and I've seen it happen A LOT.

I really don't believe this one for a second.

What a ******* idiot. i bet it's a dumb ass blonde Barbie. Or perhaps Ken.

afarr 0

but ken haz a pc thats broken XD! Shawie?

gatorgrl1988 0

WTF YOU DONT KNOW YOUR OWN CAR OR PLATE? DAMN SON YOU DESERVE THAT SHIT. YDI FYL

Wow, some people are angsty over this one. I don't really see what the big deal is. She probably parked somewhere new where she isn't used to seeing her car, and it perhaps it was a pretty generic shape and colour. I had a dark green/grey nissan bluebird a few years ago that looked similar to about half the other cars wherever it was parked. She was nice enough to bother reporting it with no motive but to save someone else a flat battery. Hardly a YDI for being too distracted to realise they were her plates.

If someone is going to take some time out of their life to report a vehicle with headlights on, they're most likely going to be specific about it. You wouldn't just say "Yeah, it's a silver car with the license plate 123ABC", because (assuming the person hadn't memorized their plate number) that description could very well fit almost half the cars there. That isn't very helpful at all, is it?Most people will include the make and model of the car, to really narrow it down. Like, for example, a Volkswagen Passat with the plate number 123ABC.

So assuming the person who reported it had the common sense to include the make and model, the OP is a complete idiot for not realizing or even considering the possibility that it might be hers. (Sorry I replied twice, but FML didn't post my full comment.)

TRJADN 0

Wow are you serious ^. she must have been too high or hungover to realize that was her car. She is a damn troll because any person in their right mind would have known. And what's the point of taking down that info if she didn't pass it on did anything with it. If she did she wouldn't have a dead battery.

She did pass it on... She reported it at the front desk. L2read.

#28: No, SOMEONE ELSE reported it to the front desk. SHE'S the front desk clerk. YOU learn to read...and spell, too. :

afarr 0

they see her trollin' dey h8s it. shawie!?