By Stressed dad - 18/07/2017 20:00

Today, my wife's water broke so I drove her to the hospital. After 16 hours without labor, I went home to get a little sleep. Four hours later I got the call and ran outside to find that my car was towed from my parking space. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 076
You deserved it 1 024

Same thing different taste

Top comments

They messed up and they're going to have to call a "toe truck" to remove your foot from their asses. Best of luck with the new arrival OP.

Agreed. He should have stayed with her no matter what. Most fathers sleep in those chairs or go to a near by waiting room and make some sort of bed. Now he missed his child being born. I'm sure she was unhappy about that. And I'm also sure she didn't get very much sleep being once she got into labor and such. I'm not saying he is a horrible husband and father, but he should have stayed by her side no matter the cost.

Comments

they don't let you go for a long time after your water breaks without inducing labor. it makes no sense that you'd go home. and why would you be towed at home. I'm so confused

thatslifeiguess7 16

How do you leave a pregnant woman who is having a baby for you? That my dear is called karma

My midwife told me that when my water breaks (and no contractions) I shouldn't come in for another 6 hours. She also told me that when contractions start I shouldn't come in until gap between them is about 6 minutes. Why did you go so early anyway? (In The Big Bang Theory a couple is sent home because they came too early.) But I'm on the "go home and sleep side". There is no use having an exhausted husband around and being worried about him during labour especially if he was only a car ride away.

ncparry 18

Ydi! That's what you get for leaving your wife about to deliver your child. I don't care how many hours of labor she's been in. My husband never left my side through 36 hours of labor.

you...you left your pregnant wife in labor to "get a little sleep" I would dump u so hard ur a terrible partner and person

I can't believe you left your pregnant wife alone at the hospital. plus if her water broke and 16 hours went by with no labor they would induce her. so I'm thinking you're a liar

EnvyMe33 26

Leaving your pregnant wife to get some sleep is messed up! If you wanted to sleep you could have slept in a chair next to her bed if you were that tired. Getting your car towed was instant karma. I hope you learned your lesson. If you were my husband and had left me at the hospital for sleep I would’ve kicked your ass!!