By Goatczar - 29/04/2015 14:49 - United States - Orem

Today, my two managers, both over 30, were arguing over whether or not butter is a sauce. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 826
You deserved it 2 900

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hold the phone, you're telling me it's not a sauce?

It's every 4 year olds favorite pasta sauce.

Comments

We'll never run out of guns and stupid in this great nation

nitrog100 21

Well that's really a philosophical debate. Melted butter is used as a sauce. The real question is whether something can be a sauce if it has only one ingredient. Jus is more often than not considered to be a sauce, and that's just reduced stock or meat juice.

It is a sauce (in some contexts). Sauce refers to how it is used, not how it is made or what it is made of. Melted butter is used as a sauce, and is therefore a sauce: sauce noun 1. a liquid or semi-liquid substance served with food to add moistness and flavour.

Technically, it is. Of course, any answer beginning with the word 'Technically' can be safely ignored.

You butter kick their butts before they butter themselves up.

Betty Botter had some butter, "But," she said, "this butter's bitter. If I bake this bitter butter, It would make my batter bitter. But a bit of better butter, That would make my batter better." So she bought a bit of butter – Better than her bitter butter – And she baked it in her batter; And the batter was not bitter. So 'twas better Betty Botter Bought a bit of better butter.