By Anonymous - 07/11/2010 20:15 - Canada

Today, my sixteen year old son told me that he's following his guidance counselor's advice: to do what his hero does for a living. The problem? His hero is SpongeBob Squarepants. His ambition in life is to become a fry cook. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 374
You deserved it 4 631

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maybe he wants to be a chef. No harm in that...

badbe 0

Comments

lilybugie 0

uhhhh is he and I don't mean this rude at all is he mentally challenged?

you should've told him that if he did that, than he no longer had a family. thats what i would of said.

The thing that struck me most about this FML, more than the kid's hero or ambition: that is some shitty advice for a guidance counselor to be giving.

I agree. It's kind of idiotic advice when you think about it. If you have a hero, it doesn't necessarily mean that you should want to have the same profession as him/her. It could, but in most cases it really doesn't. You don't have a hero because you love what they do for a living. That guy doesn't love Spongebob because he's a fry cook.

bobsanction 18

Oh no! He's got a dream! That bastard!!!

IAreStarfeesh 0

Squish it! Stomp on it 'till it's dead! No mercy for dreams around here!

True i don't think this is a bad thing at all.Imagine if his fero was Aquaman.Thank God it's spongebob. :P

KVKdragon 26

I do watch a lot of cartoons and Disney stuff but this is going to far. sure, my dream self has all the powers of the American dragon, the avatar (bending), xmen, spiderman, and even more power-wielding characters but I know how to be realistic when I'm awake and sane.

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic wen he said his hero was spongebob :p

Has anyone in the history of education EVER got decent advice off a school counsellor? This particular one should be run out of town by parents with pitchforks and those burning torch thingies.

TaylorRawrr 0