By fish killer - 25/03/2011 21:52 - United States

Today, my sister presented me with an "official pet killer" award after yet another goldfish under my care died of unknown causes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 754
You deserved it 10 090

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I killed six goldfish when I was younger. I think I fed them too much.

alright @71 a goldfish lifespan is definitly not 6 months where the hell u get that from?

Comments

Fishfanatic 7

Jesus H christ... how many more of these FML's will I have to comment on before someone actually gets off their fat sodding backside and does an hour of RESEARCH INTO WHAT SPECIES YOU ARE KEEPING AND HOW IT FUNCTIONS. FIRST. The common goldfish, along with comets, shubunkins, orfe, anything with a long straight body and a single tail, IS NATURALLY SUPPOSED TO GROW TO OVER 10 INCHES LONG. Fancy varieties, such as black moors, telescope eyes, bubble eyes, ornadas, butterfly tails and so on, anything with a round body and a double tail, IS NATURALLY SUPPOSED TO GROW TO OVER 8 INCHES LONG and IS spposed to have a body at least as big as an adult human beings clenched fist. Fish the size of a Tennis ball are common when kept correctly. Sadly 95% of the lazy disgusting inconsiderate backbreeding MORONS who buy these fish, don't do an ounce of research on them. They are actually lazy and stupid enough to think that as long as a fish has water it will survive. WRONG. ALL fish, of every single species, if you keep it in a tank,REQUIRES FILTRATION AND SPACE TO GROW. Try and wrap your tiny brains around this fact. A fishtank is an enclosed box of water. There is no river or ocean flowing in or out of it, it does not rain in your house. The only supply of fresh water and oxygen has to be supplied BY YOU. The tank glass has to be cleaned BY YOU ( there is NO such thing as a fish that cleans your tank for you, espescially not plecos ) The uneaten food and fish waste ( poo) has to be syphoned off the gravel BY YOU. IT IS YOUR JOB TO KEEP THE TANKWATER IN A STABLE CONDITION AND IT IS YOUR JOB TO CLEAN THE TANK. IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE A PAIR OF GOLDFISH WITH A FOUR FOOT LONG TANK, YOU ARE STUNTING THEIR NATURAL GROWTH. Goldfish release a hormone when kept in a tank that is too small. It stops their skeleton from growing. THIS IS EXTREMELY BAD FOR THEIR HEALTH. Why the hell would you WANT to force an animal that cannot defend itself, to live in a cramped glass box, wallowing in it's own waste product, waiting for you to take care of it properly? The FACT that most of the people who buy these fish do exactly that, is an indicator of some serious mental sickness. GOLDFISH REQUIRE THE FOLLOWING AT A BASIC LEVEL PER SINGLE OR PAIR (this is the absolute basics ) A four foot long tank. BARE MINIMUM. If you cannot make room for a tank this size or larger, DO NOT BUY A GOLDFISH. THEY REQUIRE ALL OF THAT SPACE TO GROW FROM A PINGPONG BALL SIZED FISH , INTO SOMETHING BIGGER THAN YOUR HAND. THEY NEED SPACE TO SWIM MORE THAN A FEW INCHES LEFT OR RIGHT. You don't buy a draught horse as a little foal to keep in a tiny garden expecting it to be fine as an adult , so you do not buy a large growing species of fish, and expect it to be fine as an adult. GROW SOME GODDAMN COMMON SENSE AND USE A TAPE MEASURE. Go and measure 8-14 inches on a tapemeasure. Does it fit in a bowl? NO. Does it fit in a 2 foot tank with a LOT of room to move about? NO. An EXTERNAL filter. An internal cannister filter CANNOT cope with the amount of ammonia a pair or even a single goldfish can produce. They simply don't have the filter media capacity. Eheim external filters are a brand I would reccomend, mine has been running for 8 years no problem. RESEARCH THE NITROGEN CYCLE FOR AQUARIUMS. When you keep fish, the whole basis for keeping them alive and healthy is to keep the WATER in a stable condition chemically. THIS BASICALLY MEANS YOU HAVE TO CLEAN THE TANK . SORRY BUT THAT REQUIRES YOU TO GET OFF YOUR FAT ASS AND PHYSICALLY REMOVE HALF THE WATER EVERY SINGLE WEEK FOR THE NEXT 20-40 YEARS. YOU have to clean the gravel with an aquarium syphon in order to remove solid waste (poo) and uneaten food, and you remove half the water to remove excess nitrates and ammonia ( pee) Fish have no choice but to poo and pee in the water they are breathing and living in. In the wild all this waste would be washed away with the current and rainfall, and used up by vegetation. In a glass box you call a fishtank, this cannot happen unless YOU replace the water. IF YOU DO NOT REPLACE HALF THE WATER EVERY SINGLE WEEK, YOU ARE FORCING YOUR FISH TO EXIST IN ITS OWN BODILIY WASTE. THIS POISONS IT OVER TIME. A filter makes the waste less harmful but does not remove it completely. This is why you do water changes. If you cannot cope with the responsibility of looking after something and keeping it healthy, DON'T BUY IT. It is a proven fact that with the correct care and space, goldfish can easily live well over 20 years. Longer than your dog, as long as a horse, they may not be able to make a pitiful sound when they are sick from your abuse, but this makes them no less deserving of care and attention They have been scientifically proven to feel pain. They can be visibly seen suffering and dying when not cared for. If people did to a dog or cat what most people do to a goldfish, they would be banned from keeping animals for life, and they should be.

cookies61889 15

I had a beta fish a while back that lived for two years. Have no idea how. xD

Goose3 0

your a bubble buster!!!!!!!

I love how your responding to everyone who replys to you. Seems... Thoughtful. Almost like something I would do. *Colon D* ( :D )

Yet, that would be the only thing we have in common, unless your an insane, evil, crazed sociopath... He... Hehe... HEHEHEHEHEHE! Hehe... >_> <_< *slowly backs out of the room*

JeterArmy 0

its just a fish get over it

i have a goldfish he turned 6 this christmas

dstchuck 0

you know that if you overfeed your goldfish, which can happen because they are gluttons, they will float on top of the water like they are dead and be that way for several days before being able to swim again. ill put money down that most of these goldfish were murdered instead of dying on thier own lol.