Classy Mom

By Meowitzer - 14/09/2019 22:00

Today, I was elected "class mom", even though I didn’t want to do it. I was also handed several envelopes in the hectic school hallway, containing parental cash contributions for the year. I lost several of the envelopes while rushing to my car, and now have to contribute €100 instead of €25. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 277
You deserved it 1 086

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That sucks but if you don't want to do something, you have to communicate it clearly. If you refused and people ignored your refusal, I feel like you shouldn't have to pay for the list money as it was pushed upon you despite your protests.

learn to say no. and how could you lose the envelopes that fast? ydi

Comments

That sucks but if you don't want to do something, you have to communicate it clearly. If you refused and people ignored your refusal, I feel like you shouldn't have to pay for the list money as it was pushed upon you despite your protests.

learn to say no. and how could you lose the envelopes that fast? ydi

Being elected against your will sucks but losing the money is on you.

Mungolikecandy 19

Maybe you should have just told them you did not have the capacity to do the role? They cannot make you do it.

404wan 19

How did you manage to lose 3 envelopes of money on the trip to your car... What?

I don't understand what I'm reading, but when people try to make you do something you don't want to do, and you've already told them "no" multiple times, tell them to go **** themselves, and ignore them from that point on. Incidentally, you should "lose" the rest of the envelopes, and teach those ******* a lesson.

you just sound unorganised to me, first thing i would do if someone was trying to give me money in a hectic hallway, i would get them to go with me somewhere less crowded, i would then take the money and immediately, put it in a safe location on my person, like for example a handbag, purse, wallet or inside jacket pocket. Finally, when someone asks me to do something i dont want to do i tell them to piss off. I have also never had to rush anywhere as i always make sure i have plenty of time for any actions i need to take. so imho, you deserve it :)