By random - 08/01/2015 05:24 - United States - Arvada

Today, my sister and I got stuck in an airport elevator. We were separated from our friends, missed our flight and had to walk two hours to find our gate. On the bright side, we ended up having a pleasant talk with an Air Marshal on why we were "stalking people". FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 496
You deserved it 2 876

Same thing different taste

Top comments

drayloon 50

If you missed your flight, why did you walk for two hours to find your gate?

What does missing a flight have to do with stalking?

Comments

bsums203 13

Maybe don't be messing around at an airport next time as it sounds like you were messing around. Security is taken very seriously, step 5ft from your bag and they bring out the k9 and are checking it for bombs. Next time don't be acting like little kids and you wont miss your flight.

Yes, because an adult would never get stuck in an elevator.

In the UK, you can sit in an airport and not see a single security officer for hours on end. In the busy parts you may see some but not many. Plus they scan your bags before you're even allowed to get anywhere near the gates. OP might've been spoken to because they were shaken up and annoyed they'd missed their flight, and they were probably looking around frantically trying to find their friends. Getting stuck in an elevator wasn't their fault (other than taking the elevator instead of the stairs).

serslybro 20

You can't assume they were messing around. Things happen. You can't always assume the worst. ;)

jthmtwin 16

Sorry you missed your flight, happened to my bf and I over thanks giving. Missed the plane because we taxied the entire tarmac (from touch down at gates A all the way to F) We got stuck over night but since we grabbed a hotel it wasn't too bad, we both needed the break anyway. I just hope you didn't get stuck at O'Hare in Chicago. That place sucks way too big and they have a problem with delays

SinfulTragedy 19

Two hours to find your gate? That must have been one massive airport. Maybe next time ask for directions?

Or they're just directionally (is that even a word?) challenged. I am. I got lost in Burbank airport (which is tiny) trying to find my at the time boyfriend.

The most interesting question is why this FML has only 20 YDI but more than 3000 YLS at this moment. In very clear cases the ratio between majority vote and minority vote can slightly exceed 10:1 but never 150:1.

i want to know what the air marshal said to you, how do you even start that conversation haha

I think I'd rather have a conversation about stalking with an Air Marshal than a strip search by airport security in Amsterdam. Very thorough people those security folks are. They even made me take down my hair. FYL, OP. I know it ****** mine.

Have yet to be in an airport that was big enough for me to walk around for 2hrs... And I've traveled quite a bit

Philadelphia International is where it's at. Seriously, that place is HUGE.

Could have been that the gate changed multiple times, sending them to all corners of the airport. "Well, now it's at 503, in the east wing" "No, you want 27, you need to head back to the main entrance." "No, this is for the incoming flight, you want 127, that's the south side" FFS airports.

I don't get where the whole "stalking" talk came from. What does that have to do with getting stuck in the elevator or missing a flight. Besides, not much stalking going on while stuck in an elevator. Personally I think this one leans more towards YDI!

how did they deserve it? What you said is something that would backup that they didn't deserve it.