By Anonymous - 15/04/2015 14:32 - United Kingdom - Kettering

Today, my roommate wants to kick me out because I can't afford to pay my share of the rent this month. I couldn't afford to, because I had to pay for repairs to my car after my roommate got drunk, stole my keys, and crashed it into a street light. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 270
You deserved it 3 026

Same thing different taste

Comments

I expect you're going to be moving out shortly because it doesn't appear you're able to man up and address the issues as they arise. He was in the wrong and you're paying the repairs? he's left you cash short, and you're going to leave the house?

This sounds like it could be a court case Judge Judy would need to solve. *Insert Judge Judy Theme*

haleymak_ 14

Judge Judy would say rent is rent, even if he crashed your car, you have an agreement to pay rent, and the car situation is a separate situation. If you agreed to pay for the car instead of rent, then yeah, but you still have a contract/agreement to pay rent, with or without crashing cars. Hard to accept how that's considered fair, but that's how she would handle it.

Sounds like you need a new roommate anyway.

I'd move out, you don't need that dick in your life

I'd personally kick his/her ass out and find a new roommate. I have no respect for people who drive while under the influence. Call me an asshole if you want but I've lost some of the closest people in my life to a drunk driver.

Sounds like you'd be better off without him. If he stole your keys, crashed your car, and didn't offer to pay for it after he sobered up, then he has no business being in your life.

Surely your roommate should pay to repair the car

amileah13 26

Time to get rid of the roommate. Good luck op!