By fffemaleee - 31/05/2015 18:21 - United States - Waterford

Today, my phone got stolen at church. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 267
You deserved it 3 962

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Reminds me of the “I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness" quote:(

Have somebody dial your number and see if the ministers's pocket rings!

Comments

Hahahahahahah why has this down votes? xD

ExtremeEncounter 32

And you're surprised, OP? The people in church are the same people you see on the streets, there's always gonna be a fair share of douchebags.

Wow. I don't think there's anything lower than doing something like that. Hope that whoever returns it OP.

daisylokes 16

i doubt it will get returned. Cant trust anybody these days not even church, apparently :/ so sad.

im pretty sure there are a lot of things lower than that... at least op didnt get stabbed at church or something lol

Steve95401 49

But your phone is gone, so you won't be able to answer the call.

It's actually extremely Christian if you look at history. Native American genocide, the crusades, the dark ages, etc.

NomeDMF 17

Catholics* Big difference between Christians and Catholics.

SystemofaBlink41 27

Actually, God has committed genocide a few times according to the Bible... except that it wasn't a specific race, it was the whole world. Hitler: *heavy breathing*

Going to church doesn't make you a Christian like sitting in a garage doesn't make you a car

65 - Catholicism is the first branch of Christianity. Saying there's a big difference between Catholics and Christians is like saying there's a big difference between Protestants and Christians.

sonasonic 34

Huh. I didn't realise I opened up a forum on religion...

#30, human nature is inherently evil, and history can prove this. However, if you are recognizing Christian wrong doings, I'd advise you to also consider the bloodshed that took place within the atheistic regimes of the 20th century. Mao, stalin, potts, etc. Hopefully as we evolve and advance we will be able to lessen violence and hatred regardless of religious beliefs, race, culture, etc.

There has never been an "atheistic regime." That sounds like the most absurd phase I've ever heard of. Stalin was a communist. If you truly think that atheism and communism are interchangeable phrases then you know nothing about either one. The fact that you think human nature is inherently evil is just depressing. I've always been told I was cynical and pessimistic but damn, I've never had that bleak of an outlook on all human beings. Perhaps you should attempt to surround yourself with good people so you don't have such a negative view of people. I've always been surrounded by assholes but I've never thought everybody was inherently evil. That's just so dark.

Actually there literally has been an atheistic regime. I'm not sure you know what the definition of a regime is. Stalin killed millions for practicing their religion in peace as he was consistently enforcing atheism in the entire soviet union. That is a historical fact. It is simply arrogant to assume that nothing bad has ever been done in the name of atheism. Perhaps evil is a strong word. My point is that we can observe through history that humans are not entirely selfless beings. Wars are happening all over the world, millions of people die from starvation every year in an earth with plentiful resources.

On a side note, Chairman Mao killed 60 million people, more than Stalin (20 mil) and Hitler.

Oh that really sucks OP. My dad almost got his wallet stolen at church but realized before it was taken. FYL

#29 You notice someone trying to take something from your pocket? Sometimes you can feel it when someone is trying to take something from your pocket. He could also have happened to move his head and noticed that someone was trying to take his wallet. Think before you comment next time.

"think before you comment next time" howabout you learn not to be an asshole before you comment next time

One would think a phone isn't needed to communicate with God.

One would think before making a smart ass comment.

sonasonic 34

Have somebody dial your number and see if the ministers's pocket rings!

My phone was stolen from my bag while I was in an exam last week, someone suggested I do this, so I used the 'find my iPhone' app to make it play that sound. When the invigilators bag started to ping she tried to claim that it was her ring tone.

SystemofaBlink41 27

And Satan always makes sure your phone is on silent when you lose it.

With find my iPhone, if it even is an iPhone, the Find My iPhone app will still make it ring:)

There are PLENTY of bad people that go to church. We can't all walk on water. But all that aside, I feel for you OP. Had something similar happen a few years back.

Actually none of us can walk on water, it's physically impossible. I know, that was terrible. I'll let myself out.

TallMist 32

Well, technically you can. If you go to a pool and put a little glass walkway JUST under the surface and walk on it, you're technically walking on the water on the glass as well as the glass.

Even though it's church doesn't mean everyone is a saint. Sorry op, if it was an iPhone maybe you can track it?