By Anonymous - 03/05/2009 04:12 - Canada

Today, my parents met my girlfriend for the first time and cooked us dinner. After, I was helping clean up in the kitchen and my dad says to me, "Don't worry, you have to slay a couple of dragons before you get to the princess." and winks at me. She heard. I was going to propose to her tonight. FML
I agree, your life sucks 63 952
You deserved it 3 865

dragonslayer tells us more.

We met in Europe, and I currently live in England and my parents live in the States, so that's why they haven't met her yet. I still proposed, and she said yes. And yes, my dad was calling her ugly.

Top comments

First time she meets the parents and already you're proposing?

Comments

Wow I cannot believe your Dad would be such an ass! I feel really bad for both you & your girlfriend. & to the people who say it's too early to get engaged- they coud've been going out for years but he didn't want to introduce his parents in case they'd say something like this!

fYOURlife1989 0

#3..no it's not cute, the parent was saying "maybe you'll get the right girl next time," they weren't making any reference to proposing. anyway, that really, really sucks. that probably hurt her feelings a lot.

coffeennicotine 0

That sucks that your dad was such a jerk, it probably really hurt her feelings. Though you should have stood up for her. Still it's a def. FYL

thelonelylurker 0

#55 - really. who gets their parent's permission these days.

A. I call fake. B. Seriously, #61? "Good god I swear, you women want it both ways! You would get offended if you met a dad like that, but then you turn around and say he should have brought his "dragon girlfriend" there SOONER?" What on earth are you even on at this point?

and that's when you pretend she didnt hear that, and defend her, describing how absolutely wonderful she is, and how much you love her. then your dad will (hopefully) understand, and, more importantly, your girlfriend will know how much you love her.

vag_fml 0

wow, you're father is a total ass. why'd you just stand there as your father crapped all over your girlfriend you so seriously love that you were planning on proposing to? kinda makes you a douche as well.