By Anonymous - 03/05/2009 04:12 - Canada

Today, my parents met my girlfriend for the first time and cooked us dinner. After, I was helping clean up in the kitchen and my dad says to me, "Don't worry, you have to slay a couple of dragons before you get to the princess." and winks at me. She heard. I was going to propose to her tonight. FML
I agree, your life sucks 63 952
You deserved it 3 865

dragonslayer tells us more.

We met in Europe, and I currently live in England and my parents live in the States, so that's why they haven't met her yet. I still proposed, and she said yes. And yes, my dad was calling her ugly.

Top comments

First time she meets the parents and already you're proposing?

Comments

That is undoubtedly the weirdest metaphor I've ever heard... Anyway, I don't see... how you couldn't propose to her still. Who cares what your father said? Propose to her anyway. You're the one who gets to choose, not your parents. Although I would wait a little bit more. Like... let her hang out with you and your parents a couple more times. That way they can get to know her instead of judging her on her outward appearance.

your parents just met your girlfriend and your proposing already? how long have you been dating?

justinsbaby291 0

so if i was her id be upset that he said that, but it dosen't reflect u....after all u werent the one that said it. i would still propose

ladybuggg 0

YDI for the first time your parents meeting your gf being the night you were going to propose... they might not be so pleased with that news if they just met the girl

that's weird that they JUST met her and you're proposing to her?

haha your dad is funny. it took me a few seconds to understand what this meant.

why the heck is everyone so confused as to why he was going to propose so soon after she met his parents? really if you don't live at home, it is likly that your parents will only meet your significant other when the relationship gets to a very serious level (aka him wanting to propose).

Ooouch--I don't know what would hurt worse: the comment being about her face or her personality or a combination of all. But, if you love her and want to spend the rest of your life with her, your father's comment should only be a minor set-back. He's not the one that's going to live the rest of his life with her. :3

I think you are all reading this WAY wrong. I got, cleaning up is slaying the dragons, and THEN he can go off and be with his princess. That's a reason to wink. I thought the OP was saying FML for "get to the princess" letting his gf know he was about to propose... but I'm sure she wouldn't get it from that. So basically, it's not an FML... unless I'm wrong about this.

That's kind of obnoxious on the dad's part!! I hope the OP can fix the situation!