By Anonymous - 03/05/2009 04:12 - Canada

Today, my parents met my girlfriend for the first time and cooked us dinner. After, I was helping clean up in the kitchen and my dad says to me, "Don't worry, you have to slay a couple of dragons before you get to the princess." and winks at me. She heard. I was going to propose to her tonight. FML
I agree, your life sucks 63 952
You deserved it 3 865

dragonslayer tells us more.

We met in Europe, and I currently live in England and my parents live in the States, so that's why they haven't met her yet. I still proposed, and she said yes. And yes, my dad was calling her ugly.

Top comments

First time she meets the parents and already you're proposing?

Comments

Why is everyone assuming that your parents determine your life anyways? Not everyone cares what their parents think about someone. Either way, the fact that she heard sucks and if he didn't say anything in response, then he most likely doesn't feel strongly about it or lacks a backbone.

Why does everyone assume they haven't been dating very long? If he's ready to become engaged then he probably isn't living at home, maybe he just lives far away and so that's why they haven't met yet.

#12... thank you, i just realized what the hell all the fuss was about... but damn that sucks :( hope everything works out for you guys >.

poison29 0

your dad is a jerk and you should have stood up for your girlfriend.

changing it cos i misread the post. Tell her you don't care what your parents think... that it's YOUR choice and not theirs and then treat her like the princess she is.

asdf543 0

#22--best advice! http://www.whycindywhy.com/?id=g1j7n71b7vjz839xxgk3rlm48loz

f_u_c_kmylife 0

Uhhh. First time she met your parents and your proposing. Have you met her parents yet?